Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Psuda mascot

Go down 
+10
Jones
0lelouch0
Bax3r
Jettzin
Malfunction
Duo
Isaac
Tom
Edyrem
Hitorio
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Hitorio
Staff
Hitorio

Psuda mascot Empty
PostSubject: Psuda mascot   Psuda mascot I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 25, 2010 4:38 pm

We do indeed have our Psuda logo which is recognizable on its own, but I am suggesting a mascot (whose silhouette will be part of the logo?) to represent Psuda in action and essence...a symbol for its awesomeness. Is is my suggestion that the mascot will be the protagonist in the upcoming Psuda Animation Project.

...the idea was inspired by the Daicon project in the 80s and the sheer awesomeness of Gainax in general.

Submit ideas here.
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

Psuda mascot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Psuda mascot   Psuda mascot I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 25, 2010 4:52 pm

Oh fuck me, that's a good idea.

Now mass stress on the protagonist!

Perhaps it's a silver man.
Back to top Go down
Tom
Staff
Tom

Psuda mascot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Psuda mascot   Psuda mascot I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 25, 2010 5:16 pm

no silver man, too many resemblance with the silver surfer...

it should be a man though, how old/ young?
characteristics?
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

Psuda mascot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Psuda mascot   Psuda mascot I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 25, 2010 5:24 pm

It should be a lean, muscular man in his athletic apex.

He should at least resemble the logo in some way. The next logo, I mean.
Back to top Go down
Tom
Staff
Tom

Psuda mascot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Psuda mascot   Psuda mascot I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 25, 2010 5:29 pm

either that, or we have to create an interesting silhouette for the logo and the full color version for the anim
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

Psuda mascot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Psuda mascot   Psuda mascot I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 25, 2010 5:39 pm

Hmm... yes.
We need a hook, though.
Well, let's be honest, do we really need a mascot?

Give me some reasons that it would be good to have a mascot, like... social occasions where a mascot would be awesome.
Back to top Go down
Tom
Staff
Tom

Psuda mascot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Psuda mascot   Psuda mascot I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 25, 2010 5:43 pm

its just recognizable, besides the logo, to have a mascot
and its fun.
people like to relate to a character, and if they like the character, they want to see it develop.
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

Psuda mascot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Psuda mascot   Psuda mascot I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 25, 2010 5:48 pm

You don't say... 8D hey, if we make a character that relates to our target audience, we'll get our audience!

So what kind of characteristics do we want... ?

- Simple person
- Big goals
- Loves animation
- Trainer

Something endearing yet, perhaps, childish.
Back to top Go down
Tom
Staff
Tom

Psuda mascot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Psuda mascot   Psuda mascot I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 25, 2010 5:50 pm

age? 16 to 18?
athletic but not ripped, kinda like that anime boy style of body seems best..
clothing?
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

Psuda mascot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Psuda mascot   Psuda mascot I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 25, 2010 5:51 pm

I'm thinking 8 year old boy. :)

Silly and ambitious. Absolutely lovable. <3 Wudaya think!?
Back to top Go down
Tom
Staff
Tom

Psuda mascot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Psuda mascot   Psuda mascot I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 25, 2010 5:53 pm

sounds good as well, what drawing style should we pursue then? more anime-ish or more disney cartoony-ish?
Back to top Go down
Hitorio
Staff
Hitorio

Psuda mascot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Psuda mascot   Psuda mascot I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 25, 2010 6:03 pm

Edyrem wrote:
I'm thinking 8 year old boy. :)

HNNNNNNNNNGG!!!!!!
The boy part; I dunno, mayne. Eight years? How bout 13 at the least? For what you guys are imagining, which I'm guessing is inspirational uplifting stuff, Disney style sounds good...

...but for my own personal taste, in which a mascot would be a symbolization of badassery and fierce determination, I'd go for the anime actiony style. I was gonna try to travel the road of thinking outside of the box and making the char a bit inhuman.

...hmm...the thread does seem to be composed of collaborations of ideas to build towards one goal, but I'll try creating multiple paths to choose from.
Back to top Go down
Tom
Staff
Tom

Psuda mascot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Psuda mascot   Psuda mascot I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 25, 2010 6:07 pm

8 might be a little young for actiony scenes, 13 or 14 is more appropriate for those...

lets all design a few ideas and post them here
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

Psuda mascot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Psuda mascot   Psuda mascot I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 25, 2010 6:16 pm

@Tom's post above his above post lolol
I wish I could just say 'Psuda-ish' but that's not very clear yet i it :)

In any case, it should be a very young character, maybe even as far as a toddler or baby, to convey that childish, basic joy in what we do.

Gotta decide the kid's facial features, skin complexion, hair style and color, signature outfit, etc.
It's time to draw.

@James
Dude, it's about connecting to the person and making them feel like they have something in common with this mascot. It's a pure symbol that is meant to draw people in, not intimidate them with the cliche attempts at badassery. I'm all for cool but this symbolic meaning is just too strong to dismiss.

Last edited by Edyrem on Sat Dec 25, 2010 6:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tom
Staff
Tom

Psuda mascot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Psuda mascot   Psuda mascot I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 25, 2010 6:18 pm

isnt this character going to be in the psuda project? not much to animate with a baby/ toddler... gonna be really weird for action scenes lol
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

Psuda mascot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Psuda mascot   Psuda mascot I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 25, 2010 6:30 pm

Think of this as the Daicon opening animation where a bunch of crazy motherfuckers got owned by the little kid. And imagine if the kid invoked this massive energy and perhaps a strong man embodies the boys' passion, and the boy gets in this state of being a warrior, a free spirit, void of restriction and the oppressions of convention, and takes down the oppressors, and makes the ruined city he conquered into a lively metropolis called Psuda.

How's that ?
Back to top Go down
Hitorio
Staff
Hitorio

Psuda mascot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Psuda mascot   Psuda mascot I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 25, 2010 7:04 pm

Edyrem wrote:

@James
Dude, it's about connecting to the person and making them feel like they have something in common with this mascot. It's a pure symbol that is meant to draw people in, not intimidate them with the cliche attempts at badassery. I'm all for cool but this symbolic meaning is just too strong to dismiss.

Connection is one possibility.

Who said that the "attempts" ("attempts" = phrasing that indicates a mere try and not quite a success...) at (non-cliche; I think you just tried to make it look bad here) badassery will intimidate others? You approached that thought with a mindset that is currently embedded in what you're thinking of now. I'm talking about something with a different effect upon its viewers. They both inspire, but in different ways. I won't try to elaborate, expound, and defend my POV as much as I'd do in another situation because you are Edyrem, the one who should be the closest to this mascot/representative. That cannot happen if the mascot is inspired by different ideals than your own. I also recollect that if we have different perspectives on something, they won't change.

Paraphrase - The cool factor is dismissed, but it sounded a bit like you were trying to bitch-slap it away.

If Hitorio is Studio Bones, Edyrem is Production I.G.

Your idea sounds cool *imagines schitt*...a kid who ventures in the manner that you described. I wonder what your design of him would be?
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

Psuda mascot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Psuda mascot   Psuda mascot I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2010 5:26 am

I apologize, Hitorio, for the bitch-slap factor. <:) I have a tendency to emphasize the argument. Of course, a bad-ass picture would be, well, bad-ass. But from an objective standpoint, a badass picture wouldn't seem to provide the same potential for more members that a more heartwarming character would. I see professionals talking all the time about how the characters have common ground with the viewers - the most immediate example is when Naruto's mangaka changed naruto from a pure fox to a kid who's a just a little bit fox, so that the viewers can feel for him more easily; so they can have more in common, and thus, have more rapport.

That effect would make Psuda, while a future metropolis, very welcoming. I can't think of a mascot that could provide a more crucial benefit.
Psuda doesn't need proof that it's bad-ass anyway, ;P
Let's say it's so bad-ass that it's comfortable with its masculinity.
Back to top Go down
Tom
Staff
Tom

Psuda mascot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Psuda mascot   Psuda mascot I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2010 6:38 am

I agree with the importance of being able to relate to this character,
since the Psuda setting is a future metropolis, we should make his clothing like that as well, maybe like a motor helmet screen for glasses, showing a hud or something like that.

how about the proportions? are we going to do this with correct proportions or are we goin to play wth the proportions a bit, like having a relative bigger head?
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

Psuda mascot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Psuda mascot   Psuda mascot I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2010 8:18 am

I'm not sure... the kid should probably seem blissful and imaginative. Maybe he always has a grin on his face.

The hi-tech gear is a good direction, but we'd need to make the boy extra baby-ish if we put him in a super unique hi-tech outfit.
I don't want to draw it in an anime manner, or any distinct way, because that would convey that Psuda is mainly anime, which I don't want. If we make the theme so anime-ish then only anime-ish people will come and there wont be as much diversity as we want!

But I like the big head idea. Thing is, I need to design this kid in a very unique, personal way, so that it's instantly recognized, like Calvin and Hobbes:

Psuda mascot Calvin-and-Hobbes-Dancing-calvin-and-hobbes-1395521-1623-1200

HEY, what if it's a robot with childish features?

Psuda mascot Dhf2sigmu_untitled
Back to top Go down
Hitorio
Staff
Hitorio

Psuda mascot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Psuda mascot   Psuda mascot I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2010 10:17 am

Just tossing out a helmet idea:

If the path of the human is ventured, here's a helmet thought fer yeh.

Another Astro Boy does sound kinda kewl when I envision the project's outcome, though. If the cyborg/robot idea goes further, perhaps I could toss more schitt in the direction of this thread.
Back to top Go down
Tom
Staff
Tom

Psuda mascot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Psuda mascot   Psuda mascot I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2010 10:37 am

hitorio, your visor is what i had in mind exactly! Great work! I also like the backpack idea! Keep it coming guys!
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

Psuda mascot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Psuda mascot   Psuda mascot I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2010 12:38 pm

That's really cool, but he seems too grown up, lets shrink him up, and take that visor/dial helmet idea and do another spin on it... I encourage you to bounce drafts of this character back and forth with me until we converge. Same with you, Tom.

Here's my tron-esque take on this. I guess there's no definitive age, but it should have cute proportions.

Psuda mascot F075hvgze_untitled
Back to top Go down
Tom
Staff
Tom

Psuda mascot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Psuda mascot   Psuda mascot I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2010 2:06 pm

Psuda mascot Doodli10

a big vosor lets us easily show emotions, the helmet needs work though.
I made some little wings ( rough, just for the idea) at the side of the helmet at the hinch point.

I made him wear boots and have the core thing that Edyrem introduced not a part of the outfit, it's now a sort of hanger/ necklace.
in the first one, the chest part is like a protective armor thing.
Back to top Go down
Isaac

Psuda mascot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Psuda mascot   Psuda mascot I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2010 2:36 pm

I realize this is kind of off from what you guys were brainstorming, but just to throw in my two cents: When I hear (or read) Psudan I think Spartan. I was thinking of a mech spartan. Going on what you're brainstorming and my idea, i would possibly try a spear tablet pen and eraser shield added on to the robot boy. Sadly, I don't have my tablet, a scanner, or even a camera to try it out and show.

Just my opinion from the word "Psudan"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Psuda mascot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Psuda mascot   Psuda mascot I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Psuda mascot
Page 1 of 11Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next