Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Psuda mascot

Go down 
+10
Jones
0lelouch0
Bax3r
Jettzin
Malfunction
Duo
Isaac
Tom
Edyrem
Hitorio
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage

Psuda mascot - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Psuda mascot   Psuda mascot - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 3:01 pm

I just feel ''we've seen this before'' dont bash me for enjoying originality, tom :P
and its verry cheese :|
but ill keep all my ideas i think are good to my self :P
you'll see them along with my series.
Back to top Go down
Tom
Staff
Tom

PostSubject: Re: Psuda mascot   Psuda mascot - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 3:11 pm

everything has been seen before, again, its how you interpret and use the basics that counts.

Edyrem, I think avoiding the whole race thing is impossible, faces have color, ts what is relatable, its what makes it humanoid.. just give him boots and gloves to show as little skin as possible, but when it raises its visor, skin is shown, its unavoidable..

for the name, its should be outlandish, like psuda. nothing common or already existing..
Back to top Go down
Duo

Duo

PostSubject: Re: Psuda mascot   Psuda mascot - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 3:11 pm

How about his hand can transform "mecha-like" into things, I find it a bit too childlike the fact that he always has a pen with him.
Back to top Go down
Tom
Staff
Tom

PostSubject: Re: Psuda mascot   Psuda mascot - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 3:12 pm

the whole point is to have this childish innocence and childlike features.. not a battle robot..
Back to top Go down
Duo

Duo

PostSubject: Re: Psuda mascot   Psuda mascot - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 3:13 pm

I think it should portray both.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Psuda mascot   Psuda mascot - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 3:21 pm

yeah every thing has been done before, but the right combination of things that have been done before make something new and awsome, but i just dont like drawing thingsto life at all its just not original enough and it dosnt give me a good WOW that ideas really good feeling
Back to top Go down
Tom
Staff
Tom

PostSubject: Re: Psuda mascot   Psuda mascot - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 3:24 pm

then what do you suggest to replace it ?
give ideas and stuff you can do with the ideas
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Psuda mascot   Psuda mascot - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 3:31 pm

I have been -___-
hover board was one, and it was imideately shot down
maybe jet boots thats very 'ORIGINAL'
Back to top Go down
Duo

Duo

PostSubject: Re: Psuda mascot   Psuda mascot - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 3:32 pm

How about a godly feel to it? As if it represents being perfect.
Back to top Go down
Tom
Staff
Tom

PostSubject: Re: Psuda mascot   Psuda mascot - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 3:36 pm

how would you show a godly feel, representing perfect? you have to come with workable material, vague ideas are hard to do something with.
also de8, ironc how you start about being unoriginal and then tell us about jet boots...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Psuda mascot   Psuda mascot - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 3:37 pm

Sarcasm is a foreign language to you isnt it
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: Psuda mascot   Psuda mascot - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 4:01 pm

We could have all the skin covered, including the face - we'd just show glowing eyes in some robotic manner, like a cyborg.

Duo's right that we could portray both childishness and mecha stuff, but it's a question of whether or not it's appropriate to jack this character up with mech abillities.

Unless we can find something cute and quirky for it to go all mech-y with.
Have at it.

Last edited by Edyrem on Mon Dec 27, 2010 5:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Psuda mascot   Psuda mascot - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 4:03 pm

I like the cyborg idea because he will still have human emotions and he can also have expressions also i like the child like character, i think skin color is irrelevant at this point :P we still need to astablish the characters look

Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: Psuda mascot   Psuda mascot - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 5:11 pm

What do you guys think about drawing a big heart shape on his/her chest?
And it would be funny to have some copyright info on his/her butt, or just his/her name
For instance, "Property of Psuda," or "(c) Psuda inc." or <name>
Back to top Go down
Malfunction

Malfunction

PostSubject: Re: Psuda mascot   Psuda mascot - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 5:43 pm

OK how about the character CAN be sort of androgynous looking, but still a distinct gender, like Noodle from Gorillaz.

Psuda mascot - Page 3 NoodleGorillaz

Instead of using a pen to draw things, how about circles in the hands or whatever (like Geo Midas) which can be used to draw Tron-like light streaks which could be used to do drawings, but also as like a kind of defence/attack or whatever.

In terms of roboticness, you can have a very human robot with emotions and such, like this guy:

Psuda mascot - Page 3 Secret-agent-clank

But if that doesn't cut it for you, you can always cyborg it up.

Also, I like the idea of the heart shape. Would be a distinctive feature in the silhouette.

Also, what I meant by the whole changing costumes things was a robust character which could be used in any animations from any era or whatever. Like (s)he could be the main character of all kinds of adventures. Just a basic premise for an animation.
Back to top Go down
Duo

Duo

PostSubject: Re: Psuda mascot   Psuda mascot - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 6:14 pm

I'd also like to incorporate some cell features into it. I completely love the idea of the circle in the hand.
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: Psuda mascot   Psuda mascot - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 6:38 pm

Hmm... I don't want to come off as an ironman ripoff, with the bright palm circles, but it would be pretty neat to have a more intuitive drawing manner... perhaps fingertips. What do you guys think of that?

And yeah, I think it's safe to say we're going to make it either male or female... looking for some arguments for either side here.

As for cyborg/roboticness... what do you guys say we make it a person who happens to be covered in hi-tech clothing? Like, the helmet with a visor that displays the mascot's eyes, and of course, the visor wouldn't move, but the ear wings would. Hell, what if we just make it a helmet with a large screen to illustrate the eyes?

Psuda mascot - Page 3 1km6y5w2u_untitled

Well ^ there's an illustration for ya. I'm gonna go to sleep now, I've got loads on my mind.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Psuda mascot   Psuda mascot - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 6:44 pm

Kindda looks like mega man, and astro boy :\
we should do more character design
Back to top Go down
Malfunction

Malfunction

PostSubject: Re: Psuda mascot   Psuda mascot - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 8:41 pm

I like the fingertips idea
Back to top Go down
Tom
Staff
Tom

PostSubject: Re: Psuda mascot   Psuda mascot - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 1:20 am

i like the suit idea more than a robot, theres more options with a human than with a robot, looking at movement, behavior and psychology. The visor showing just the eyes is kinda what i drew in my design, so obviously, i like that! What was said about the heart shape being good for the silhouette, you are wrong, a silhouette is basically a black drawing of the shape of the character. The character should be recognizable by just that to have a good character design. Iron man references dont seem like a good idea, as those movies are too recent.. We have to give these concepts our own spin to them. Make them psudan.:)
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: Psuda mascot   Psuda mascot - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 6:08 am

Okay, so I guess we could say 'our spin on' iron man's palm lights would be the fingertip sketching. Here's some of my imagery on this "fingertip creating."
Psuda mascot - Page 3 Xg59mijum_untitled
Also, tom, you're right about the silhouette - the heart wouldn't show unless it glowed, but even then, we could use a distinct outline of the character.

I still think we should keep the heart shape, but we need to create a distinct outline as Tom pointed out. Let's start with the helmet:

Psuda mascot - Page 3 Jygvzvj4c_untitled
Back to top Go down
Jettzin

Jettzin

PostSubject: Re: Psuda mascot   Psuda mascot - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 9:55 am

Edyrem: Don't quote my quote when it's right above yours, AND has big pictures :(
the finger tip idea is good too
and the helmet design you prefer is good too
but resembles tron and metroid too much
also i like the ears
and if we have the helmet screen emote for him always he'd just be like daft punk
Psuda mascot - Page 3 Daft-punk-helmet
Back to top Go down
Tom
Staff
Tom

PostSubject: Re: Psuda mascot   Psuda mascot - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 10:11 am

Jettzin, no need to quote that post.. it'll make stuff incredibly chaotic, hehe.
I like the design for the finger painting.
also, imo the helmet should have a really big visor, almost top to bottom.
the eyes are the only things visible BEHIND the visor, and perhaps it could show a HUD when in battle or something
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: Psuda mascot   Psuda mascot - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 11:07 am

Well, Tom, I was thinking about the visor showing the eye shapes by way of digital lights, not from the actual eye transparency. The visor traces the eyes and their states and projects them on its surface in bright-lit shapes.

Jett brings up a good point, though. This might come off as Daft Punk-ish.
On the other hand, this mascot doesn't have any glowy rainbow patterns animated on the visor besides the silhouettes of his own eyes.

Quote :
Jettzin, no need to quote that post.. it'll make stuff incredibly chaotic, hehe.
I'm pretty sure moderators can edit posts; you might as well have.

Anyway, Jett, you're not the only one who felt that the suit is too tron-ish.
(Tron Picture)
Spoiler:

I guess we should steer away from the glowing line patterns on a dark suit. It definitely shrieks "Tron Inspired' which doesn't come off as a good thing.
Back to top Go down
Jettzin

Jettzin

PostSubject: Re: Psuda mascot   Psuda mascot - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 3:30 pm

also i made this to help out :P
Spoiler:
in his heart thing is like lava lamp stuff
and he has a hoverboard to get around
treactable meta peace in his helmet
the metal on the back of his head is a metal circle that has the psuda logo on it(convenient for plushies lol)
his board extends a bit so he can hold it and spin it like a ....wind sword?
the handle is metalic robot looking(didnt sketch well in photshop but looks better on paper drawing)
the board shrink to a key chain which he keeps in his bag
black arrows on his arm cuz he's a BAMF cool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Psuda mascot   Psuda mascot - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Psuda mascot
Page 3 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next