Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Psuda mascot

Go down 
+10
Jones
0lelouch0
Bax3r
Jettzin
Malfunction
Duo
Isaac
Tom
Edyrem
Hitorio
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Edyrem

Edyrem

Psuda mascot - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Psuda mascot   Psuda mascot - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 10:08 am

Frankly, I think the mascot IS the suit/helmet/mask.

It's not about the person underneath; that should be concealed and determined by the artist putting their own touch to it.

@lelouch: You need to go in detail about what you don't like about the helmet (structurally
or thematically). When a lot of detail has gone into a design, you can't just reject it without any detail. :P

@Tom: if we look into this possibly inadequate concept then maybe we will start again from scratch, but with a clearer objective as a result of our progress.

More specifically, the concepts I would like to keep and build on are both the mask/helmet/anonymity and the fingertip drawing/animating :P
Let's move proceed with those notions.
I can accept putting the current visuals (helmet and all), despite all the thinking put into them, on the chopping block :P
Back to top Go down
Tom
Staff
Tom

PostSubject: Re: Psuda mascot   Psuda mascot - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 10:41 am

So basically the suit and helmet represent the state of mind you get when animating? is that your idea of the suit and stuff?

We should think of a name for this character though, which basically is conflicting with the anonimity concept..
frstrating stuff, but its a good thing that you're open to redesign a whole lot of it :)
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: Psuda mascot   Psuda mascot - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 11:05 am

Sure, but not necessarily. It's just the face of any member of Psuda.

Easy name for the mascot: Psudan. A member of Psuda. Could it get any simpler? :)
Back to top Go down
Tom
Staff
Tom

PostSubject: Re: Psuda mascot   Psuda mascot - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 11:07 am

lol, captain obvious, to the rescue.

But yeah I guess ur right about what it represents. sounds pretty good.
What options do we have to change the look?
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: Psuda mascot   Psuda mascot - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 11:19 am

Criteria of the look: it works.

So I guess anything.

Also, it should be something that could be worn on anyone.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Psuda mascot   Psuda mascot - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 1:15 pm

Cool idea sorta like
it's an outfit for epic performance, but the animator is the base of it.
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: Psuda mascot   Psuda mascot - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 9:56 pm

I guess so :)
Like, I would think the fingertip drawing abilities aren't actually from the suit, but just a natural ability for the animator underneath the suit. Indeed, the suit is really just an aesthetic symbol. :)
Back to top Go down
Tom
Staff
Tom

PostSubject: Re: Psuda mascot   Psuda mascot - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2011 4:19 pm

Yes I agree with you, those little details should remain in the final design for sure!
Also think about the logo style, maybe we can have the logo and the mascotte resemble eachother?
Back to top Go down
0lelouch0

0lelouch0

PostSubject: Re: Psuda mascot   Psuda mascot - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2011 12:16 am

The reason I don't like the helmet is it just looks like some over-the-top motorcycle helmet.
I've actually always loved the Dead Space armor.
Their helmet looks futuristic and cool. Maybe we should do something less sleek and smooth like this: http://www.blogcdn.com/www.joystiq.com/media/2008/10/dead.space.helmet.high-res.jpg
Instead of the motorcycle helmet.
His armor is cool too:
http://d.imagehost.org/0343/dead_space.png
http://thegamingliberty.com/wp-content/uploads/DSIC.jpg

The roundness of the armor in the mascots design I find are boring.It seems too Disney children hero. I'd prefer something more edgy and mature.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Psuda mascot   Psuda mascot - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2011 12:19 am

I agree with the previous statement, except the dead space helmet seems to over the top.
Back to top Go down
0lelouch0

0lelouch0

PostSubject: Re: Psuda mascot   Psuda mascot - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2011 12:20 am

Haha. Yes. It was just an example of a different style that futuristic helmets don't need to look like customized motorcycle helmets >.>
Back to top Go down
Tom
Staff
Tom

PostSubject: Re: Psuda mascot   Psuda mascot - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2011 3:13 am

I think a more childish design can speak to a bigger audience, same goes for the helmet design so far, although it does need tweaking.

The dead space helmet and armor are completely over the top and way too complex to animate.
You have to realize that this character is hopefully one that will be a Psuda representative for a long time to come, which means that a lot of people should look at it and be like "hey that looks nice".

By giving the character such an edgy and mature look as you'd want, we'd be eliminating a lot of story options that might otherwise work with a younger character design.
Back to top Go down
0lelouch0

0lelouch0

PostSubject: Re: Psuda mascot   Psuda mascot - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2011 3:36 am

I never meant that we should try and animate or use the armor in anyway. I just thought it's a good example for an alternate idea.

And IMO. Id I was looking at a mascot for Psuda. I'd mach rather something that looks mature. I don't wanna be coming on here thinking that this is some Disney Animation appreciation society.

Maybe we should come up with a simple design for a helmet and the overall armor and as Edy said before. It can just be a symbol.
We should let each person put their own twist on the mascot. Like one person has it looking cartoony Disney like, another decides he/she would rather it be anime. While another wants it to be an older more mature badass looking mascot.

It's just that I reckon the motorcycle helmet right now is too megaman, pg, Disney.
Back to top Go down
Tom
Staff
Tom

PostSubject: Re: Psuda mascot   Psuda mascot - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2011 3:41 am

Selling a business means looking appealing to a very broad audience. The best way of going about that is by creating a mascotte and logo that looks, well, appealing to a very broad audience.

In order to present Psuda to the world, we have to have a standardized design to show the world.
Ofcourse, it's an awesome idea to let everyone create their own versions of this design, but for the brand to become better known, we have to have a certain standard.

Also, you can still create a badass design without going to the mature side of character design.
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: Psuda mascot   Psuda mascot - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 7:14 pm

TAKING DAT DESIGN AND MOVING IT FORWARD YO
Marvel, DC, thanks for the inspiration.

Psuda mascot - Page 10 9rK6M
Back to top Go down
Hitorio
Staff
Hitorio

PostSubject: Re: Psuda mascot   Psuda mascot - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 9:55 pm

Tournament OCs dressed in variations of Psuda Mascot attire:

...had a what-if moment.
Back to top Go down
Tom
Staff
Tom

PostSubject: Re: Psuda mascot   Psuda mascot - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 4:17 am

Awesome, Edyrem!

The design is simplistic yet effective!
I'm liking this a lot!

Time to create a clean version!
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: Psuda mascot   Psuda mascot - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 11:45 am

<3
What if we added white on the outsides of the legs like in Hitorio's variation (only not black)?
Think it'd be too much?
Back to top Go down
Tom
Staff
Tom

PostSubject: Re: Psuda mascot   Psuda mascot - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 11:52 am

like a two color suit?
a big stripe on the outside?
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: Psuda mascot   Psuda mascot - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 12:08 pm

No, I mean, if you look at the legs on Hitorio's suit, there's the dark shade covering most of the legs. I think we should add it to the mascot, except make it the light color.
Back to top Go down
Tom
Staff
Tom

PostSubject: Re: Psuda mascot   Psuda mascot - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 2:07 pm

after a discussion on MSN, the design is finalized. now all we need is a clean, full color version!
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: Psuda mascot   Psuda mascot - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 3:08 pm

:D Just for good measure, I want other people to state their opinions on it. So hurry up, people.
Back to top Go down
Isaac

PostSubject: Re: Psuda mascot   Psuda mascot - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 8:15 pm

What is the finalized design? If it is the thing on page 24 by edy, I approve.
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: Psuda mascot   Psuda mascot - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 8:31 pm

Yes, it is the thing on page 24. :D
Back to top Go down
Tom
Staff
Tom

PostSubject: Re: Psuda mascot   Psuda mascot - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2011 12:58 pm

So, how about we create a clean version of the character, full color and stuff!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Psuda mascot   Psuda mascot - Page 10 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Psuda mascot
Page 10 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next