Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Psuda mascot

Go down 
+10
Jones
0lelouch0
Bax3r
Jettzin
Malfunction
Duo
Isaac
Tom
Edyrem
Hitorio
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Edyrem

Edyrem

Psuda mascot - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Psuda mascot   Psuda mascot - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2010 3:32 pm

lol interesting idea, dark. Particularly having a shield erase things and the sword/spear draw things.

But, when you put it that way... attributing "Psudan" with that loyalty, honor and strength, perhaps the mascot should be the embodiment of "Psudan."

I must sound really self-contradicting, but I think while still keeping a mini body, we should make it look resilient and confident.
Small + Cocky = Charming
It still works!
Back to top Go down
Tom
Staff
Tom

PostSubject: Re: Psuda mascot   Psuda mascot - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2010 3:36 pm

imo, having that childish playfulness along with heroic behavior is what will stick with people, and makes it interesting.
weaponry should not be something thats out in the open like that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Psuda mascot   Psuda mascot - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2010 3:40 pm

Ehh i want to take part in this, but GAWD whats with the futureistic idea, im thinking a present day kid people can relate to maybe when he animates hes an epic futureistic guy in the world of psuda or something but i think kalivn from kelvin and hobs is great
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: Psuda mascot   Psuda mascot - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2010 4:17 pm

I see what you mean, Tom. You're right, he shouldn't just carry stuff with him. That would look better if he only has them when he animates.

De8, Psuda is futuristic. Our mascot's gotta be futuristic. At least sophisticated modern. The mascot's still going to be childish and playful. But also strong-spirited and intelligent.
Back to top Go down
Tom
Staff
Tom

PostSubject: Re: Psuda mascot   Psuda mascot - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2010 4:54 pm

He can carry the stuff in that backpack Hitorio gave him, thats why I liked the backpack idea..
De8, if you disagree with the futuristic look, whip up something you have in mind to counter this idea that we've been exploring, the more ideas we have to go with, the better.
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: Psuda mascot   Psuda mascot - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2010 5:07 pm

Well, Tom, I imagined something more futuristic like him summoning them by some hi-tech vortex pocket.
Back to top Go down
Tom
Staff
Tom

PostSubject: Re: Psuda mascot   Psuda mascot - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2010 5:08 pm

pics or gtfo :P

you gotta remember that the character itself is already very futuristic, so maybe should give him some stuff from this time as well, plus, backpacks are fun for animation, swirling all over the place
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: Psuda mascot   Psuda mascot - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2010 5:29 pm

Here's him with a bag...
Also, notice his ear-things twisting up and down. that can convey emotions pretty well. If you watch how animals behave, their ears tell a lot about the state they're in.
If you ignore an animal's fierce growling for a moment and pay attention to its ears, you'll notice they're tucked in way back.
And when they're neutral, the ears are in the comfortable standing position.
Those are the two most obvious ones. We can use his little wing ears to do extra communication.

Psuda mascot - Page 2 59yfssap6_untitled
Back to top Go down
Hitorio
Staff
Hitorio

PostSubject: Re: Psuda mascot   Psuda mascot - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2010 5:59 pm

Yep; technology has been influenced by - and even blatantly copied - nature in a multitude of ways. The spinning plant seed = Helicopter, for instance. Futuristic technology could do well to learn from nature even more by implementing this ear-emotion-signifier for Psuda Boy/Psudan Dude/Psude/Astro Boy here. :P
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Psuda mascot   Psuda mascot - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2010 7:12 pm

Yeah tom thats what im gana do ;D
Back to top Go down
Duo

Duo

PostSubject: Re: Psuda mascot   Psuda mascot - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2010 7:45 pm

What if we changed the gender to be unique?
Back to top Go down
Hitorio
Staff
Hitorio

PostSubject: Re: Psuda mascot   Psuda mascot - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2010 7:49 pm

Unfortunately, that particular unique aspect may not go well with Edyrem's theme, which is to relate to a majority of animators. (Stereo)Typical little girls don't really animate and aspire to draw intensely, so it may not fit. ...although, if we were going for something different, the mascot could definitely be female, I dunno if Edyrem's gonna accept this one.

...if he does, I'll speed-bag his nuts with a wet fish.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Psuda mascot   Psuda mascot - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2010 7:58 pm

Psuda mascot - Page 2 Boobs10
Always open to new things
light hearted
easy going
doesn't get mad, just the heart of a child ;)

BTW i like edyrems style of drawing chibi people so i made it kinda like that ;P becuase edyrems going to be drawing thae character anyways probubly

Last edited by De8struction on Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:14 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Tom
Staff
Tom

PostSubject: Re: Psuda mascot   Psuda mascot - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 3:06 am

edyrem is not going to be the only one drawing so that is not important in my opinion. Is his pen going to like a magic wand, drawing things that come to life?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Psuda mascot   Psuda mascot - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 3:07 am

Cough* cough* Sai rip off

If he's futuristic, how about a hover board, those would be fun to animate
Psuda mascot - Page 2 Untitl12

Last edited by De8struction on Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tom
Staff
Tom

PostSubject: Re: Psuda mascot   Psuda mascot - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 5:23 am

de8, everything in this world has been done before, its how you interpret the concept that makes things interesting. Also i dislike the hoverboard idea, as he will have to carry it around everywhere, might also be less fun to animate
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Psuda mascot   Psuda mascot - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 5:36 am

Hes in the future he can just strap it on a backpack or it could go tinny

and drawing stuff to life is so lame, and just overal cheesey Yawn*
Back to top Go down
Tom
Staff
Tom

PostSubject: Re: Psuda mascot   Psuda mascot - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 7:15 am

name examples of this drawing to life principle, except for sai in naruto.
It provides us with an unlimited amount of posibilities to animate.
There's a lot of advantages to it.
and about the hoverboard, I feel we'll be mostly animating hoverboard scenes if we incorporate it.. and that wouldnt be fun, now, would it?
Back to top Go down
Malfunction

Malfunction

PostSubject: Re: Psuda mascot   Psuda mascot - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 7:24 am

How about a few varieties of the same character. Like, the basic idea could be a child-like figure with a particular attitude or whatever. Maybe some distinctive physical characteristics like a heart shape in his chest or something to do with his arm or whatever. Then just whack him in different outfits, like a futuristic one, or Spartan gear, or a soldier outfit, etc.
Back to top Go down
Hitorio
Staff
Hitorio

PostSubject: Re: Psuda mascot   Psuda mascot - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 7:40 am

As with everything, it depends on the execution. Drawing to stuff to like is awesome if the guy that's using the ability is awesome. I think that it can have different factors of coolness depending on how it's used. Of course, I don't think you'll like how Psuda Boy is planning to use these abilities, if he has 'em. Could you explain why, though? Why is drawing to life so lame?

Btw... People with the concept didn't rip off Sai. Sai just used the concept with limited potential and loads of CIS.

I can imagine Psuda Boy on the main pages of the actual Psuda.com, so a hoverboard can add to the variety of what he's doing. I thumbs up it. He doesn't have to be on it all the time.

(Two posts in the interval of me typing this one)

...the different-clothing idea would sound nifty for another char, but this guy seems as if his appearance should remain its same iconic self. He is supposed to have a consistent futuristic design. Maybe if his design is re-done, it changes slightly...or his futuristic attire could just change slightly.
Back to top Go down
Tom
Staff
Tom

PostSubject: Re: Psuda mascot   Psuda mascot - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 9:10 am

i agree with the idea of one design being constant, otherwise its hard for people to recognize him instantly.
he should be recognizable by silhouette, and therefore you cant change his looks repeatedly.
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: Psuda mascot   Psuda mascot - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 2:17 pm

I just thought of something else for emotional moods. The color of it's lights! They'll ease into cool blue for a really calm attitude, or scarlet for when it's angry, etc.
To address other things now:

>Old-fashioned Boy look
No way. When I look at de8's drawing of the boy with a face and hair, I get a nice feeling.
But when I look at my strange-looking drawing above it with the robotic characteristics, it feels way more like it's from Psuda. So I'm going to have to rule out the average human with clothes, sorry. While we're on this subject; no, I wouldn't totally call our mascot a robot. I wouldn't know if I should call it a human, or even a cyborg. I don't like to call it a mechanical being because that implies that it has really cool gadgets and shit, which I don't want to do - I just want the robotic look.

Thing is, I don't want to think of it as a human, either. Frankly, I don't even know what I want to call it.
It just feels better to think of it as nothing more than a... thing. A thing that has emotions and a really cool & cute appearance. I feel like it's more lovable if it's kind of robotic, yet not really. Does that make any sense? If you're a sane person, then it should not. But if you're somewhat intuitive and feel the same thing, then it should make just a little bit of sense; enough to have faith in.

>Gender
I was actually pondering about that since my last post, and I think if it's a unique character, it should be an androgynous, genderless character!
Hitorio, I think we'll call it Psu.
Maybe we'll call it a girl, though. Maybe we'll call her Psusu. Regardless, our mascot should remain androgynous, whether we call it a boy or a girl. But since our Psu(su) will obviously be cute, maybe we should attribute it with being a female. But I want to avoid sex appeal and anything like that, if it's a female.
On the other hand, Psu(su) is super strong and shit with it/her's animating powers, so one could say it's a boyish robot.
All in all, it's a genderless robot unless we purposely go one way or the other.

>Drawing Things Into Life
(with a pencil/brush/hi-tech stylus)
Yeah, without a doubt, that's what Psu(su) will do. De8 can call it unoriginal all he wants, but last time I checked, hover boards are not his invention.
Besides, Psu(su) could draw a hover board. It/(s)he is an awesome animator. Perhaps even a great programmer, assuming we collect people like that in the future; I'm all about games, you know.

>Varying Attire
There will be one definitive outfit, but we'll give Psu(su) holiday costumes (Christmas, New Years, and even stuff like major Psuda updates or major world events, and other minor holidays like Earth day. We could have a little/big activity where people submit fan art of our little hero. The ones we like best might make it on the banner. Or if the drawing sucks but the artist had their idea right, I might just draw it myself and banner it (and give the user some kind of forum treat).
Or we could have threads where you design our mascot in any holiday outfit, and someday when the holiday draws near, Psuda shall draw its mascot with that design.

>Familiarity
Tom's right on the money... we need a distinct silhouette for this mascot. Let's get our heads together and draw up random accessories or protruding shapes on this mascot and post the doodles here! Think of a heart shape glowing on its chest, or a squiggly tail hanging from... the head!
Back to top Go down
Tom
Staff
Tom

PostSubject: Re: Psuda mascot   Psuda mascot - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 2:28 pm

Androgynous characters may seem like a good idea at first, but in the long run, it wont last, you/we have to make up our minds about this subject.

Same story for the kind of being.
Is it a human, a robot, an android or a human with an enhancing bodysuit?
leaving stuff undefined will make people ask the same questions about the character, you want to have a distinctive look, something people instantly recognize.
if you talk about the mascot, its either a he, she or an it. theres nothing in between, even though it might make it easier for you, it's not gonna last.

About the name.

Psu(su) is an "okay" name.
you have Psuda, Psudan and Psu(su).
Isn't that a little too much of a good thing? might be just me though :)

I like the idea of varying attire for different situations, like seasons or holidays or important stuff going on in the world.
it's kinda what google does with their logo.

Also, it might not be a wise thing to go with an outfit that looks too "Tron-ish".

Isn't Disney close to launching their new Tron legacy movie? that will make us look like uncreative animators, we'll instantly lose appeal to the masses.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Psuda mascot   Psuda mascot - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 2:32 pm

Drawing stuff to life is lame because its just kinda like symbolical for being able to draw things on papaer really good ya know, it just comes off as cheese-e-
your right its not unoriginal its just really crapy and you can think of something better than that -_-
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: Psuda mascot   Psuda mascot - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 2:58 pm

Argh. You make compelling arguments, Tom.

It's either male, female, or robot. I'm leaning towards cyborg if we must.
Question is, what gender should we make? Also, I want to avoid skin exposure, because I don't think it's good if we make our mascot white, brown, or black. It's better if it's just always wearing some skin-tight outfit.

Also, I was wondering when I would get busted for copying Tron. xD My intention is that after much discussion it will slowly be adjusted until it's original.

For the name, maybe you're right and maybe you're wrong. On one hand, it should be related to Psuda, and on the other, (like you said) I'd be whoring the whole 'psu__' thing. We'll need an interesting name. I don't want shit like "Brandon" or "Nicky," FYI. ;P

@De8, how the fuck is that cheesy...
It's something really fun to see. You seriously don't find that kind of stuff really cool? I know I do.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Psuda mascot   Psuda mascot - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Psuda mascot
Page 2 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next