Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Psuda Preloader

Go down 
+5
Malfunction
Jettzin
Edyrem
Tom
Hitorio
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Hitorio
Staff
Hitorio

Psuda Preloader Empty
PostSubject: Psuda Preloader   Psuda Preloader I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 8:41 am

When/if we make projects in Psuda's name, I find it most fitting for there to be an original preloader that represents us. The time to first use it will be in the upcoming battle between De8 and I that we will post on various Flash sites. I once made a preloader, but re-learning how and creating a great one would take me away from the battle.
I request that a Psudan create our preloader. The first guy that comes to mind for this is Malfunction.
Back to top Go down
Tom
Staff
Tom

Psuda Preloader Empty
PostSubject: Re: Psuda Preloader   Psuda Preloader I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 9:50 am

Yes this sounds like an awesome idea!
The FA preloader is used a lot, so apparently, people like to have it available.
Malfunction seems like a good choice if he/ you got time but if other people know anything about coding, don't hesitate to step up to the plate!
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

Psuda Preloader Empty
PostSubject: Re: Psuda Preloader   Psuda Preloader I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 3:31 pm

Yeah you bring up a good concern, and we ought to whip a logo and preloader up, even if it's not the final version that we want to keep forever.

I can't really do it myself because of complications with my tablet pen right now, but I could totally draw the concept in tvpaint for someone else to flash-ify. :)
Back to top Go down
Tom
Staff
Tom

Psuda Preloader Empty
PostSubject: Re: Psuda Preloader   Psuda Preloader I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 3:54 pm

It needs coding though.. draw the concept in tv paint and publish it and send it to me.. I might be able to do a flash version of it.. we gotta think about the version of Flash we're gonna use though, because not everybody has AS 3.0
Back to top Go down
Hitorio
Staff
Hitorio

Psuda Preloader Empty
PostSubject: Re: Psuda Preloader   Psuda Preloader I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 5:22 pm

I, for one, never bothered to learn anything outside of the scant commands of ActionScript 2.0; as such, I've stayed at 2.0 for things such as preloaders and basic Title Menus that I could create.
Back to top Go down
Jettzin

Jettzin

Psuda Preloader Empty
PostSubject: Re: Psuda Preloader   Psuda Preloader I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 6:30 pm

making preloaders sounds confusing
how bout we pitch in designs first before all that coding hoot-N'-andy ._.
Back to top Go down
Hitorio
Staff
Hitorio

Psuda Preloader Empty
PostSubject: Re: Psuda Preloader   Psuda Preloader I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 7:05 pm

I think that the coding comes first. Worst case scenario as far as the design is just that I slap our current banner onto the PreLoader. Let's focus on making it function first, then give it some skin.
Let's make it click-able - directing to this forum.
Back to top Go down
Malfunction

Malfunction

Psuda Preloader Empty
PostSubject: Re: Psuda Preloader   Psuda Preloader I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 8:53 pm

I shall make you a preloader!
I made this preloader for SupperBas: http://www.supperbas.com/forum/topic/190/
(you can click and drag) which seemed to be quite popular. So yeah, I can do something like that if you want.

Just throw out your ideas. I'm fairly adept at coding, so the only limitations may be that the preloader could potentially take longer than the animation itself to load, so keep that in mind :p
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

Psuda Preloader Empty
PostSubject: Re: Psuda Preloader   Psuda Preloader I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 3:34 am

Haha mal that effect is neat.
I'm in favor of idea pitching. Please draw whatever you got in mind, anyone, and post it for us to consider. :D
Let's start brainstorming.
Back to top Go down
Tom
Staff
Tom

Psuda Preloader Empty
PostSubject: Re: Psuda Preloader   Psuda Preloader I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 4:56 am

I think it's important to do something that doesn't resemble another preloader or anything done before.. it has to be unique, and have that "Psuda Flavor" to it.
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

Psuda Preloader Empty
PostSubject: Re: Psuda Preloader   Psuda Preloader I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 5:53 am

I think the most obvious thing is that we're basically making our logo with this lol
Back to top Go down
Tom
Staff
Tom

Psuda Preloader Empty
PostSubject: Re: Psuda Preloader   Psuda Preloader I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 5:55 am

Doesn't necessarily have to be the case. we could have some epic shiz with our mascotte or something.
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

Psuda Preloader Empty
PostSubject: Re: Psuda Preloader   Psuda Preloader I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 7:07 am

Fair enough. Well guys,let's start loading up on concept sketches.

Here's my straight-forward one:
Psuda Preloader BG7rG
Back to top Go down
Hitorio
Staff
Hitorio

Psuda Preloader Empty
PostSubject: Re: Psuda Preloader   Psuda Preloader I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 7:35 am

Sexay. I thought of the "Psuda-Play" exchange as well, but with the old logo, of all things. :O

...if it isn't made to garner clicks, then I s'pose I'll place Psuda in them there credits.
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

Psuda Preloader Empty
PostSubject: Re: Psuda Preloader   Psuda Preloader I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 7:55 am

OH, I totally forgot about making a sleek way to click into psuda itself. Well that needs rethinking.
inb4 I'm the only one who's gonna be drawing these concepts lol
Back to top Go down
Hitorio
Staff
Hitorio

Psuda Preloader Empty
PostSubject: Re: Psuda Preloader   Psuda Preloader I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 8:18 am

Maybeh. I'll be the one that just feeds ideas in the form of text.

Newest Idea: Separate the Pre-Loader from the actual button to take us to the site. De8 and I are two random people the likes of whom no one has heard of. They won't want to click the foreign site until after they've seen the movie and gotten a good impression. "Damn, that was awesome; what the fuck is this site?" We stick the button into 'em at the end, after the credits and during the "replay" part of the movie.
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

Psuda Preloader Empty
PostSubject: Re: Psuda Preloader   Psuda Preloader I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 8:46 am

hmm... good point, mate. Very insightful.
That might prove to be the best lace to put a psuda link, but the preloader should have a psuda link for all intents and purposes.
Back to top Go down
Hitorio
Staff
Hitorio

Psuda Preloader Empty
PostSubject: Re: Psuda Preloader   Psuda Preloader I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 9:01 am

....whose link stops being a link when the "Play" button comes into view.

"Lemme press play -- *clicks link* WHAT THE FUCK."
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

Psuda Preloader Empty
PostSubject: Re: Psuda Preloader   Psuda Preloader I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 9:20 am

Well it's more like, whose link is clearly distinguishable from the play link. Kind of like the newgrounds preloader. That one is nicely packaged and you very clearly can tell you can click the above picture to hit newgrounds.

The same button's link changing is very confusing and isn't intuitive.

Last edited by Edyrem on Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tom
Staff
Tom

Psuda Preloader Empty
PostSubject: Re: Psuda Preloader   Psuda Preloader I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 9:26 am

Maybe we need some sort of icon above the preloader, which is the link to the website.

We can't make the preloader too boring by the way.. any way to sex it up a bit? special effects or something?
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

Psuda Preloader Empty
PostSubject: Re: Psuda Preloader   Psuda Preloader I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 9:40 am

While we want to separate them as much as possible, we still want to hybridize them in some way.

As for visuals, we don't want it to get too complex, although we still want something pretty. But anything too computer intensive and it's a failed preloader if you ask me!
Back to top Go down
Tom
Staff
Tom

Psuda Preloader Empty
PostSubject: Re: Psuda Preloader   Psuda Preloader I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 10:02 am

No filters or anything, just some frame by framed stuff to make it stylish but easy on the processor.
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

Psuda Preloader Empty
PostSubject: Re: Psuda Preloader   Psuda Preloader I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 10:12 am

Maybe, hehe
I really need some ideas though, I'm not sure how to blend and separate the psuda and play links at the same time, naw mean?
Back to top Go down

Psuda Preloader Empty
PostSubject: Re: Psuda Preloader   Psuda Preloader I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 10:15 am

I was also thinking about a pre-loader but figured Id jst make a tiny one in the corner
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

Psuda Preloader Empty
PostSubject: Re: Psuda Preloader   Psuda Preloader I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 10:42 am

Nah bro we're gonna make you legit pre-loaders cool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Psuda Preloader Empty
PostSubject: Re: Psuda Preloader   Psuda Preloader I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Psuda Preloader
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next