Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Psuda Preloader

Go down 
+5
Malfunction
Jettzin
Edyrem
Tom
Hitorio
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Tom
Staff
Tom

Psuda Preloader - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Psuda Preloader   Psuda Preloader - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 1:53 am

a tank of black liquid is way too similar to the preloader FA is using. and on top of that, it's too boring now I know what preloaders may look like due to Malfunction's link to a bunch of awesome preloaders.

SethX, did you take a look at Malfunction's post with the link to those preloaders? when you do, you'll notice there's a lot more possible than the simple stuff done by the FA crew.
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: Psuda Preloader   Psuda Preloader - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 9:55 am

Pretty good, Seth, but we're not feeling the techy mascot idea anymore. Yeah I won't lie, I love the helmet in general but I don't know if it should be the mascot helmet, what with its complication.

Here's some doodling off the top of my head. It's pretty much meaningless except for the bottom right where it's got the % of the loading in a circle while this moist develops until it completely blackens the P except for the white circle in the middle with the 100% completion in there, which absorbs all the black moist that's been festering in the P and the P gets clear again, except with a black button with a white play icon on it.

Psuda Preloader - Page 3 NpFva
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Psuda Preloader   Psuda Preloader - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 10:08 am

Well, what does Psuda stand for?
Sorry for late join into this conv but for some reason I wasn't notified on replys to it
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: Psuda Preloader   Psuda Preloader - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 10:17 am

What does Psuda stand for... as in the letters or the principles behind Psuda?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Psuda Preloader   Psuda Preloader - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 10:19 am

principles behind Psuda, I think of water usually but I dont want it to be like fluidanimz :P
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: Psuda Preloader   Psuda Preloader - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 10:22 am

Hmm... how about fire? Ignite your creativity! AWWW YEAAAAA
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Psuda Preloader   Psuda Preloader - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 10:26 am

Psuda /= fire
Psuda = Electricity ...maybe
Psuda = earth ...meh
Psuda = Air... meh

Behold my infinite amounts of variables string.
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: Psuda Preloader   Psuda Preloader - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 11:45 am

er... hmm... electricity, that might work bro.

But why wouldn't fire fit the theme of psuda? I'm asking for real.
Back to top Go down
Hitorio
Staff
Hitorio

PostSubject: Re: Psuda Preloader   Psuda Preloader - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 11:54 am

When I think of Psuda, I vaguely think of a cold, hard, metallic ambient futurism. It is true that we have spirits of fire in our souls as animators, but the essence of Psuda itself is mismatched with that element.
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: Psuda Preloader   Psuda Preloader - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 12:06 pm

Well to be honest, I think the Psuda theme is still up for grabs, as is the site color.
Back to top Go down
SethX

SethX

PostSubject: Re: Psuda Preloader   Psuda Preloader - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 1:58 pm

Im thinkin' electricity. electricity powers our brains and brains power creativity~ YEAH. And i think the site should stay predominately black, but have more OOMPH... and more features.
(again taking an idea from FA) but i really think Psuda should have a portal where people can post finished projects and things.
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: Psuda Preloader   Psuda Preloader - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 2:24 pm

For sure, mate. Portal's definitely going to be made.

Alright, since both of you are saying electricity, I'll bite. I'm going to see what preloader design I can come up with with electricity.

And what do you mean oomph, eh?
Back to top Go down
SethX

SethX

PostSubject: Re: Psuda Preloader   Psuda Preloader - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 2:42 pm

idunno... a more visually striking background, flashier buttons, anything that'll make people look at the website and go " thats pro." but at the same time it shouldn't have TOO MUCH oomph, or else they'll go "my EYESSS" instead of just enjoying the visual art. i mean COME ON its a community of artists, and the website look at the moment is pretty bland. the least you could do is spice it up with some... lightning. or something.
EDIT: im not the best at writing my ideas down.... if you could read my mind you'd better understand what i meant up there^
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: Psuda Preloader   Psuda Preloader - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 3:12 pm

Dude you're totally right tbh... We've been using the default buttons this whole time lmao, it's about time I changed it huh?

/e: Here's a neat thing I thought up. It's not complicated at all besides the fire animation. I guess that's not electricity :P but we never set that in stone.

Psuda Preloader - Page 3 VB4ls
Back to top Go down
SethX

SethX

PostSubject: Re: Psuda Preloader   Psuda Preloader - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 4:39 pm

^^^ thats sexy. and PERFECT. even though its fire, the fire is electric blue. and if whoever amkes that wanted to, they could add in flashes/ sparks of electricity to the fire animations,
Back to top Go down
Isaac

PostSubject: Re: Psuda Preloader   Psuda Preloader - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 4:54 pm

That is pretty damn awesome. If really think we do need some interaction, we could make clicking something cause a burst of flames, so it's just bigger for a second. I don't think we would need that though. The fire loading is enough.
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: Psuda Preloader   Psuda Preloader - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 4:59 pm

Well, the color is really variable, the whole thing doesn't have to be blue or anything, I just used whatever color my brush was on. Haha.

We still haven't emerged with the logo's true texture yet so I just drew up something with plain ol' blue for now. As for who 'makes' the fire, I think it's best suited towards our Malfunction to code a sparking effect to emulate fire. Maybe even some flame patterns could be spawned randomly on the effect to make it even more authentic.
Back to top Go down
Malfunction

Malfunction

PostSubject: Re: Psuda Preloader   Psuda Preloader - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 6:35 pm

I quite like that actually. Uhh, there's a very slight similarity with the FA preloader: when the FA preloader is done, a little flame bursts up as the play button appears.
Anyway, if you're doing fire, this'd look best if somebody did 5 or 10 little 12-frame animations of a flame flickering (i.e. coming into being and disappearing again), which I could then randomly choose from and place with code.
If you're going for electricity, I could make sparks arcing between letters and stuff entirely with code. How good would it be if there was a large spark between the top and bottom lines of the P which would travel along like a Jacob's ladder showing the percentage?

Last edited by Malfunction on Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:05 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Beethoven must have PERFECT grammar)
Back to top Go down
SethX

SethX

PostSubject: Re: Psuda Preloader   Psuda Preloader - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 11:45 pm

that sounds sick malfunction. do it NOW
Back to top Go down
Tom
Staff
Tom

PostSubject: Re: Psuda Preloader   Psuda Preloader - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 3:13 am

Damn, I leave Psuda for one evening and night and this is what I return to.
You guys have been active as fuck!

looking good so far guys.
The thin-lined logo works well with this type of preloader, I'm curious to see it worked out in full detail.
Back to top Go down
SethX

SethX

PostSubject: Re: Psuda Preloader   Psuda Preloader - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 4:09 am

ive been up all night... doodling preloader ideas on index cards. ( what a loser lol) weeeeeeelll its now 6 in the morning.... didnt take my sleep pills .... gonna sleep thorugh the day. gnight PSUDAAAAA!
Back to top Go down
Hitorio
Staff
Hitorio

PostSubject: Re: Psuda Preloader   Psuda Preloader - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 5:23 am

SethX wrote:
ive been up all night... doodling preloader ideas on index cards. ( what a loser lol) weeeeeeelll its now 6 in the morning.... didnt take my sleep pills .... gonna sleep thorugh the day. gnight PSUDAAAAA!

Psuda Preloader - Page 3 127965728490
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: Psuda Preloader   Psuda Preloader - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 6:07 am

lol@above post.
Holy living fuck, Seth. Well, did you get any neat concepts?

@Malfunction: that sounds great, especially the Jacob's ladder concept.
But what you're saying makes me wanna change the concept of the preloader again. That was just an idea after all. And by no means do I want to mimic FluidAnims, as lovely as its designs are.
Back to top Go down
SethX

SethX

PostSubject: Re: Psuda Preloader   Psuda Preloader - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 2:38 pm

the only way it SLIGHTLY mimiced fluidanims was the play button igniting into existence. and no edyrem . i didn't get any cool designs :p
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: Psuda Preloader   Psuda Preloader - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 2:40 pm

:| we'll be the judges of that. Post them NAO.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Psuda Preloader   Psuda Preloader - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Psuda Preloader
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next