Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Psuda Preloader

Go down 
+5
Malfunction
Jettzin
Edyrem
Tom
Hitorio
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Tom
Staff
Tom

Psuda Preloader - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Psuda Preloader   Psuda Preloader - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 10:44 am

we could have a logo directly above the preloader, people are used to that.

If it doesn't move, it's a button.

If it moves and looks like it's loading, it's a preloader.

Don't put too much space between them and BAM! there's your basic preloader + website link.
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: Psuda Preloader   Psuda Preloader - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 10:48 am

Sounds legit, we could simply put the psuda logo above/below a loading bar if all else fails, eh?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Psuda Preloader   Psuda Preloader - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 10:49 am

How about that new one dark jesus made, It's less complicated than the other one, and much sleeker, we can have that be the loading bar too, the logo itself.
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: Psuda Preloader   Psuda Preloader - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 10:54 am

Where is it?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Psuda Preloader   Psuda Preloader - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 10:55 am

Psuda banner/logo thread you made a wile back.
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: Psuda Preloader   Psuda Preloader - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 11:05 am

:| I guess I gotta go find it.
Back to top Go down
Isaac

PostSubject: Re: Psuda Preloader   Psuda Preloader - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 11:33 am

it's the thread right under this one.
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: Psuda Preloader   Psuda Preloader - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 11:41 am

You mean the one with that bitmap pattern in it?
Back to top Go down
Tom
Staff
Tom

PostSubject: Re: Psuda Preloader   Psuda Preloader - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 3:18 pm

yup that's the one as far as I know
Back to top Go down
Malfunction

Malfunction

PostSubject: Re: Psuda Preloader   Psuda Preloader - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 9:06 pm

Hm, I thought you wanted it to be different to other websites. Seems like you're just reverting back to the familiar.

I've personally always liked interactivity in preloaders. Something to occupy your time with while you wait. I made one for FA a while back where a ball fell in the screen for every 2% loaded, and you could throw them around and they'd bounce off each other and stuff. The whole screen was filled by the time the movie was loaded (at which point a play button appeared).
How about something creative like that, but distinctly psuda-related?

For instance, since there seems to be an overarching theme of creation through drawing (the mascot drawing with his hands and such), so why not make some kind of doodling based thing? (not saying it has to be that, just throwing out ideas)

Inspiration: http://www.smashingmagazine.com/2008/03/13/showcase-of-creative-flash-preloaders/

Just tell me what you think would be cool, and THEN we can figure out how to reduce the file-size and such.
Back to top Go down
Tom
Staff
Tom

PostSubject: Re: Psuda Preloader   Psuda Preloader - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 3:37 am

you are completely right Malfunction, we shouldn't revert back to the same old boring styled preloaders.

Damn those preloaders are awesome on that website you're linking to!
I never knew stuff like that was achievable with a preloader!
Back to top Go down
Malfunction

Malfunction

PostSubject: Re: Psuda Preloader   Psuda Preloader - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 4:30 am

:D
Well it most certainly is. Let your imagination run wild :D

I was thinking of some random ideas: Maybe as the movie loads, the screen constantly scrolls to the right and a line is drawn based on the position of your mouse (altitude), while the psuda mascot walks along the terrain being drawn (side-on). Trees and stuff could pop up randomly along the way, and maybe he has like a little speech bubble with the percentage or something. When the movie is loaded, he sits down and becomes the play button. Could be kind of cute, and just something to muck around with while you wait :p

Another one I thought would be pretty cool would be like a sort of miniature "animation program" WITHIN the loading screen, lol. So there'd be a loading bar, and a logo above it, like the newgrounds preloader but with the logo much bigger. The logo box would act as the "stage", and the letters of the psuda logo would be able to be dragged around, rotated, or stretched. Above the loading bar, there'd be a little button which says "next frame". It'd also show an onion skin of the previous frame. There'd be no timeline or whatever, so you wouldn't be able to edit previous frames; instead there could just be a "clear" button to reset your animation. When the movie loads, a little button would appear to play your animation, along with the play button for the main animation. Once again, super fun to play around with and would really give the sense of creativity or whatever you're trying to convey :p

Any more ideas?
Back to top Go down
Tom
Staff
Tom

PostSubject: Re: Psuda Preloader   Psuda Preloader - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 4:33 am

I really dig the first idea! I'm gonna brainstorm on what we can do with that to make it look epic!
the second idea is pretty neat too, but I think it won't work out because:

1) most anims that are gonna use this preloader wont be that long to give time to do more than 1 or 2 frames.
2) if you make something epic, theres no way to save it (?)
Back to top Go down
Malfunction

Malfunction

PostSubject: Re: Psuda Preloader   Psuda Preloader - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 4:44 am

Lol fair enough. You'd be able to continue the animation after the movie has loaded btw. And yeah, it's not intended to be used to make an epic animation, just to occupy time lol. Maybe you COULD set up a way of submitting animations to some kind of database where they could be rated. But that's probably overkill :p
Anyway, I agree, I definitely prefer the first idea :]
Back to top Go down
Haitam

Haitam

PostSubject: Re: Psuda Preloader   Psuda Preloader - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 5:22 am

How about instead of turning into the play button ,he draws the play button ?I like the idea so far :D
Back to top Go down
Hitorio
Staff
Hitorio

PostSubject: Re: Psuda Preloader   Psuda Preloader - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 5:56 am

Haitam wrote:
How about instead of turning into the play button ,he draws the play button ?I like the idea so far :D

...remember to think of it in all aspects. When people have finished seeing the movie for the first time and, say, come back for more in a month or so, the otherwise insignificant delay that it takes to draw the play button will be an annoyance for those that like to speed through.

...I think that the main Psuda pre-loader and the more simple AniBattle preloader could differ; I was planning on filling the loading page with some art.
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: Psuda Preloader   Psuda Preloader - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 5:19 pm

Holy living fuck, Malfunction is into this. *gnaws on malfunction's delicious energy, drooling inspiration*

And I think those are some solid ideas tbh.
LOVING those preloaders in the link, got my mind spinnerrnggggg with joy.

I actually though the animating program was pretty damn cool...

OMG how about.... it shows you a stencil and it tells you to duplicate that stencil in the drawing space right next to it? That's good preloader entertainment. Could be one of the many varieties of psuda preloaders. Why stick to one, anyway? There should be the one consistent thing and that's PSUDA on the loader, but it should have different entertainment all the time!
Back to top Go down
Malfunction

Malfunction

PostSubject: Re: Psuda Preloader   Psuda Preloader - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 10:05 pm

Haha yes I totally agree. More is always better.
I think it'd be awesome to have him drawing it, but I must agree with Hitorio, it would have to be basically instant to make sure it's not annoying.
Currently working on a prototype :]
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: Psuda Preloader   Psuda Preloader - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 7:01 am

awww yeaaaaaaaa!!!

Yeah what we want is something that's always aesthetically pleasing but never something that takes up extra time.
OH, we could incorporate the drawing progress of a play button, which is proportional to the loading progress. Or just the drawing of something Psuda Mascot/play related in general :D
Back to top Go down
SethX

SethX

PostSubject: Re: Psuda Preloader   Psuda Preloader - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 3:43 pm

if im missing something, correct me. but i wasn't aware that psuda had a mascot. and if there should be one, i think Kauza's character from "The River" Sums up creativity and simplicity at the same time. and i could totally see that kid walking on a preloader with random trees and shrubs sprouting up along the way.
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: Psuda Preloader   Psuda Preloader - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 3:56 pm

Hmm... fair suggestion, but I'm very inclined towards something with a recognizable mask to conceal who the individual is as a person and give them that one unifying identity; Psudan.
Back to top Go down
Tom
Staff
Tom

PostSubject: Re: Psuda Preloader   Psuda Preloader - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 4:16 pm

I gotta agree with Edyrem on this one, but I have to add to it that I really don't want to use any pre-made characters. Especially not some random doodle character.
To me, that would feel the same as using a stickfigure in a different color than default black as a mascotte.
makes no sense.

This MUST be done with careful thought. this will be the mascotte for a long time to come.
Back to top Go down
Hitorio
Staff
Hitorio

PostSubject: Re: Psuda Preloader   Psuda Preloader - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 5:00 pm

SethX wrote:
but i wasn't aware that psuda had a mascot.

Psuda Preloader - Page 2 Picture3io
............^^^^^^^^.............................
Psuda Preloader - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTuezwsZsMxHEEHYuKV1o7ftZb-WYTILlpJTwlI70hzZfpzv2SC&t=1

Heheheh....looks like you guys have strongly decided on having the Psudist (what I randomly called the mascot) be in this preloader in one way or another. For that to happen, though...a concrete establishment of his identity must be set in stone in the MASCOT THREAD.

WERK MUST BE DUN.
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: Psuda Preloader   Psuda Preloader - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 5:16 pm

lol @ screenshot. Seth obviously haz dat dere psuda reading to do :)

Yes nigga, we want the FUCK out of a mascot. I'm thinking some unique mask that any average joe could afford and wear if this were a real life scenario; kind of like the V mask.

Something not so sci-fi is what I'm leaning towards, mask wise. Just a really cool, not too whacky, not to plain, mask.

Oop, this is getting off topic.
Back to top Go down
SethX

SethX

PostSubject: Re: Psuda Preloader   Psuda Preloader - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 12:11 am

ah . i went and read up on that there mascot thread >.> i probably shouldof looked before posting about it buuuut... ANYWAY. err. i like the many shapes and sizes idea and the current ideas you guys have brewing over there. i REALLY like the helmet and the whole FLCL-ish look. the clothes/suit could use some work, but i think the helmet is both anonymous and unique. and yeah this is off topic. BUT PRELOADER. i think the preloader should be something simple.. like a silhouette with a tank of... black liquid. rising. and a simple play button..... ill draw it actually. <.<
Psuda Preloader - Page 2 562479idea
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Psuda Preloader   Psuda Preloader - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Psuda Preloader
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next