Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Anatomy and Study Weekly Exercises

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Edyrem

Edyrem

Anatomy and Study Weekly Exercises - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anatomy and Study Weekly Exercises   Anatomy and Study Weekly Exercises - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 10:45 pm

Yes, that's exactly what I have in mind as well :D

We can even practice the perspective concepts it goes over.
Back to top Go down
Touma

Touma

PostSubject: Re: Anatomy and Study Weekly Exercises   Anatomy and Study Weekly Exercises - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 12:31 am

so could anyone tell me how this works because i want to learn how to draw alot better here!
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: Anatomy and Study Weekly Exercises   Anatomy and Study Weekly Exercises - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 1:40 am

Have you read the thread? :|
Back to top Go down
Touma

Touma

PostSubject: Re: Anatomy and Study Weekly Exercises   Anatomy and Study Weekly Exercises - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 1:41 am

yeah i did but do you guys use posemaniacs for this?
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: Anatomy and Study Weekly Exercises   Anatomy and Study Weekly Exercises - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 5:29 am

Yeah, for the 30 gesture weeks, posemaniacs is the best option. But there's no time limit, so you don't have to do the 30 second game on posemaniacs. Just browse the images at your own comfortable pace and get it done with the best quality :D
Back to top Go down
Touma

Touma

PostSubject: Re: Anatomy and Study Weekly Exercises   Anatomy and Study Weekly Exercises - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 6:45 am

ok i'll start today with it then see if i can improve this summer
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: Anatomy and Study Weekly Exercises   Anatomy and Study Weekly Exercises - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 7:45 am

Excellent, good for you mate :D
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: Anatomy and Study Weekly Exercises   Anatomy and Study Weekly Exercises - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2011 9:40 am

60 gestures in 30 minutes. That should make up for two weeks. :)
I compressed it and made it an animated sequence. I'll start saving my gestures like this.
https://i.imgur.com/4QIvm.gif
For me, anatomy isn't one of my weak points, but speed and concentration are. So when I do the 30 second posemaniacs game, I'm not worrying about my form when I'm drawing them; I'm only worrying about drawing them completely. The quicker I am, the more detail and visual skill I can apply in 30 seconds; and eventually I'll be able to draw with my standard level of detail. No, I'll be able to do much more than just draw better; this speed practice is going to improve my concentration and work ethic. It'll literally improve my life by working on this weakness of mine. cool

And I think I wanna start doing 5 drawings a day, 6 days a week (for gestures). It's quite a race to dish out 60 gestures in one go. My hand gets so damn sweaty xD
It's such a light warmup to my daily doodling, I wont even feel it. Hopefully it'll yield great results :)
I recommend for you guys to not do the 30 second game, because it's better to worry about actually getting your anatomy right than worrying about how fast you draw it at the moment. I mean, you could work on your speed before your skill, but I find it better to have the skill first.
It's not as cool when you're fast at drawing and if you're drawing it crappy. On the flip side, a skillful work of art looks good no matter how fast you drew it :P

But anyway, yeah, I need to work on my speed xD
Hope to see your submissions.
I'll be doing my layer game tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Touma

Touma

PostSubject: Re: Anatomy and Study Weekly Exercises   Anatomy and Study Weekly Exercises - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2011 9:47 am

so basicly gestures are just poses?
ok then i am on my 13th one atm.
ill post it up when i am done.
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: Anatomy and Study Weekly Exercises   Anatomy and Study Weekly Exercises - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2011 9:54 am

Alright, just draw 17 more gestures before monday so you can get on the same track.
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: Anatomy and Study Weekly Exercises   Anatomy and Study Weekly Exercises - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 1:06 pm

Ooh, it's week 4. What do you say we work on the thigh and butt muscles?
Back to top Go down
Touma

Touma

PostSubject: Re: Anatomy and Study Weekly Exercises   Anatomy and Study Weekly Exercises - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 2:52 pm

i forgot to save my file:(.
but i made 10 today ill make 10 tommorow and so on.
http://www.truploader.com/view/443760

this is my first time trying posemaniacs please be gentle:p.
Back to top Go down
Isaac

PostSubject: Re: Anatomy and Study Weekly Exercises   Anatomy and Study Weekly Exercises - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 4:47 pm

I was thinking thigh and calf, but the butt could work as well. After these get the whole in the middle part.

@ Touma: It's looking good! Parts of it seem a little blocky. You should work on getting more definition in the muscles.
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: Anatomy and Study Weekly Exercises   Anatomy and Study Weekly Exercises - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2011 8:08 am

Good start Touma, but you're gonna need to "shrink wrap" your shapes a little more, if you get my drift.

Dark, well, the hip bones and joints are as tricky as the shoulders and collar, not to mention the strange pattern of the muscles. We can get into the calf and foot next time, or the torso as you said.

Let's:
-Draw how we think the bones look, and how the muscles look (how we think they connect to the bones and overlap each other, from the knee to the butt).

Then after looking at references, to the best of your ability we will:
-Draw the bones as they actually are.
-On another layer, hand craft each and every muscle on the thigh and butt.

Then we thoroughly investigate the muscles to our individual curiosity (cutting through the middle, removing certain muscles for better viewing, etc.). That would probably be 3 or more additional sketches by the time you're satisfied with your understanding.
Back to top Go down
Isaac

PostSubject: Re: Anatomy and Study Weekly Exercises   Anatomy and Study Weekly Exercises - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2011 8:51 am

That sounds good, let's start!

Im' very late on some things, as I've been pretty busy, but I will be all submitting my old things this week.
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: Anatomy and Study Weekly Exercises   Anatomy and Study Weekly Exercises - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2011 9:16 am

Sweet :D We got till next monday to display the goods!
Back to top Go down
Touma

Touma

PostSubject: Re: Anatomy and Study Weekly Exercises   Anatomy and Study Weekly Exercises - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2011 10:04 am

could you explain a bit more with "shrink wrap"is?
Back to top Go down
Tom
Staff
Tom

PostSubject: Re: Anatomy and Study Weekly Exercises   Anatomy and Study Weekly Exercises - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2011 12:00 pm

He means that you have a habit of drawing very "wide" characters. a regular human being is quite a slim creature.

you usually draw REALLY buff characters, hehe. try to slim your characters down a bit :)
Back to top Go down
Touma

Touma

PostSubject: Re: Anatomy and Study Weekly Exercises   Anatomy and Study Weekly Exercises - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2011 12:01 pm

mmh ok then ill try and make 10 more within 2 hours
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: Anatomy and Study Weekly Exercises   Anatomy and Study Weekly Exercises - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 2:26 am

Lol yeah, thanks for clarifying that, Tom.
Touma, don't you notice that your characters look a little inflated?
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: Anatomy and Study Weekly Exercises   Anatomy and Study Weekly Exercises - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2011 5:11 am

Almost Monday. Better make sure you do your leg artwork.
Back to top Go down
Isaac

PostSubject: Re: Anatomy and Study Weekly Exercises   Anatomy and Study Weekly Exercises - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2011 8:09 pm

Yes! like Edyrem said. 2 hours until 12 in the morning monday my time. So we'll see this stuff tomorrow.

Sorry for all the inactivity recently, i've had a lot of music related things going on.

Edit: I'll just post mine here.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: Anatomy and Study Weekly Exercises   Anatomy and Study Weekly Exercises - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2011 12:30 pm

I'm terribly sorry for my lack of activity this week. My focus has been brittle and distracted, and I couldn't get a single thing done. :S I only drew, like, 1/3 of the task.
Back to top Go down
Isaac

PostSubject: Re: Anatomy and Study Weekly Exercises   Anatomy and Study Weekly Exercises - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 9:00 pm

Well, just try to catch up. I need to as well with this last week. I'm going to hold off on this next week, people need to get things together if they want to be doing this.
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: Anatomy and Study Weekly Exercises   Anatomy and Study Weekly Exercises - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 9:55 pm

Are you saying you're going to be skipping next week and doing double the week after?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anatomy and Study Weekly Exercises   Anatomy and Study Weekly Exercises - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anatomy and Study Weekly Exercises
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next