Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Battle season, info here!

Go down 
+11
Isaac
Jettzin
Cryvern
Flax
Haitam
Malfunction
SethX
Edyrem
Touma
Hitorio
Tom
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 12 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
Touma

Touma

Battle season, info here! - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battle season, info here!   Battle season, info here! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2011 3:06 pm

o crap you guys actually make storyboards i just make it up and then i'll see how i go further.
Back to top Go down
Hitorio
Staff
Hitorio

PostSubject: Re: Battle season, info here!   Battle season, info here! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2011 3:25 pm

That creates imbalance and sloppily-constructed fight scenes. Storyboards are like the skeleton to your animation, the flesh. Keep that foundation strong. Writing isn't a bad idea.
Back to top Go down
Touma

Touma

PostSubject: Re: Battle season, info here!   Battle season, info here! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2011 3:26 pm

well what if you do have it planned out but not on paper?
Back to top Go down
Tom
Staff
Tom

PostSubject: Re: Battle season, info here!   Battle season, info here! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2011 3:28 pm

Then put it on paper, lol.
It's a good idea to write stuff down to keep your memory nicely organized.
Back to top Go down
Flax

PostSubject: Re: Battle season, info here!   Battle season, info here! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2011 4:16 pm

oh crap, i guess i better get started on my story board then, because i started a little while ago but i deleted it cause i improved again and i could see the quality change :/
Back to top Go down
Tom
Staff
Tom

PostSubject: Re: Battle season, info here!   Battle season, info here! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2011 4:17 pm

Accept that you're gonna see yourself improving while you progress through the process of creating an animation. try not to start over again but just keep going... you're gona miss a lot of time otherwise.
Back to top Go down
Flax

PostSubject: Re: Battle season, info here!   Battle season, info here! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2011 6:30 pm

okay thanx Tom i'll keep that in mind in all my animations
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: Battle season, info here!   Battle season, info here! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 12:05 am

Yeah man, either write a script or storyboard it like a sort of comic.
It makes your workflow way better; you can time the video exactly with the music, way before you start animating it.

Storyboarded music/fight video is 100% better than bullshitting your way through the movie

Seriously, when you're going to put so much time into something, are you not going to have the decency to to give yourself a strong direction? And if you can't even direct yourself, then you'll never fit in a team.

Imagine if your favorite animated films weren't scripted or storyboarded; character development, plot, scenes - none of it was discussed. This way, they probably would not have even been your favorites.

Flax wrote:
*slap edyrem* you not aloud to say you suck at drawing
*slap cryvern* show me a picture and i'll judge whether you suck or not, never doubt yourself always push to get better >:O

lol I was making fun of how artistic people say 'they suck'.
Back to top Go down
Cryvern

Cryvern

PostSubject: Re: Battle season, info here!   Battle season, info here! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 5:56 am

Battle season, info here! - Page 7 Psudachar
Ok guys I guess this is what my char's gonna be like (sorry i cant draw and colour)
Please suggest a name and more importantly costume design for the guy!
Back to top Go down
http://cryvern.deviantart.com
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: Battle season, info here!   Battle season, info here! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 7:31 am

Excellent glove concept. I would imagine that he uses some sort of fancy kung fu motions before making his power strikes. The gloves give him a great excuse to do those extra show-offy movements you see in movies and stuff :P
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Battle season, info here!   Battle season, info here! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 4:31 pm

Oh, and also this.

Battle season, info here! - Page 7 Hayden10
Back to top Go down
Flax

PostSubject: Re: Battle season, info here!   Battle season, info here! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 3:42 am

nice hotaru i'm liking that design a lot, the book idea is awsome can't wait to see this guy in action.
Back to top Go down
Hitorio
Staff
Hitorio

PostSubject: Re: Battle season, info here!   Battle season, info here! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 3:54 am

(At lasto)

...everything looks great until you get to the part of how Hayden fights. A guy with a delicate book + physically demanding bombs and a bo staff doesn't sound like too strong of a fighting style. I'll halfta see how you and Edyrem handle it. <: )
On second thought, using some Sakuga-esque imagination, his fighting style could potentially be badass.
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: Battle season, info here!   Battle season, info here! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 4:25 am

I see, so it's specifically bombs of sorts now... Yea, not much different from what I imagined :P

I visualized it as orbs releasing a discharge of a certain element (i.e. lightning flash, fire blast, freezing air, water wave, hyper tree growth, sudden rock growth, etc... I think the book is bound to have other types of spells though)
Back to top Go down
Hitorio
Staff
Hitorio

PostSubject: Re: Battle season, info here!   Battle season, info here! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 4:46 am

Okie-dokie; at last the tournament tree has been solidified. Check that there front page, peeps.

Next Mission: Organizing each character into a compiled list for easy access.
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: Battle season, info here!   Battle season, info here! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 5:05 am

Fuck yeah I love it lmao
Yeah about the character listing, let's just edit it into the front page of the thread in a sleek way as you have done with the tree.

Also, the battle being extra long is irrelevant as long as the two opponents agreed on it right?
Back to top Go down
Hitorio
Staff
Hitorio

PostSubject: Re: Battle season, info here!   Battle season, info here! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 5:57 am

I don't think that you used "irrelevant" as accurately as you could have in that context, but the length doesn't matter. You are given a length of time to go in and rape the canvas. Whatever you produce in that time is accepted. *Pounds chest and tsunami explodes from volcano into sea of lava*
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: Battle season, info here!   Battle season, info here! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 6:30 am

Cool beans.

No I'm pretty sure it was fairly accurate.
Back to top Go down
Jettzin

Jettzin

PostSubject: Re: Battle season, info here!   Battle season, info here! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 9:47 am

DAmn i havent even posted my character right now
and im not in the mood to draw him out (edyrem knows what i mean)
Back to top Go down
Hitorio
Staff
Hitorio

PostSubject: Re: Battle season, info here!   Battle season, info here! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 12:37 pm

SethX, this comment is late, but as soon as I saw your char, I instantly thought of:

Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: Battle season, info here!   Battle season, info here! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 12:46 pm

MFW you went through the trouble of uploading that 6 second video yourself.

/e: how long have you been uploading animation for?

Last edited by Edyrem on Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Hitorio
Staff
Hitorio

PostSubject: Re: Battle season, info here!   Battle season, info here! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 12:49 pm

For epicness, the trouble simply becomes a journey.
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: Battle season, info here!   Battle season, info here! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 12:56 pm

*refer to edit nao*
Back to top Go down
Touma

Touma

PostSubject: Re: Battle season, info here!   Battle season, info here! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 1:00 pm

my storyboard is looking quite fine now thanks for the tips guys!
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: Battle season, info here!   Battle season, info here! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 1:05 pm

Excellent, glad you've got a flow going.
How's everyone else doing?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Battle season, info here!   Battle season, info here! - Page 7 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Battle season, info here!
Page 7 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 12 ... 17  Next