Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Battle season, info here!

Go down 
+11
Isaac
Jettzin
Cryvern
Flax
Haitam
Malfunction
SethX
Edyrem
Touma
Hitorio
Tom
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
Malfunction

Malfunction

Battle season, info here! - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battle season, info here!   Battle season, info here! - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2011 11:43 pm

Creativename, you sir are a gentleman and a scholar. I respect your typing abilities along with your animation skills.

On the Malfunction front, Uni starts tomorrow, meaning much less animation (and lots more partying). My animation is going to drag VERY slow from this stage.
I've already got a loose storyboard of it, and I've mostly done some of the backgrounds.
Back to top Go down
Cryvern

Cryvern

PostSubject: Re: Battle season, info here!   Battle season, info here! - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2011 2:27 am

Did Jettzin post a character sheet yet?
Back to top Go down
http://cryvern.deviantart.com
SethX

SethX

PostSubject: Re: Battle season, info here!   Battle season, info here! - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2011 3:31 am

Am i sticking with the canti character or using one of my others... i still dont know which to choose... i kinda like my canti character because of the detail and all, but obviously its REALLY unoriginal... and i have ideas bouncing in my head... but i cant change my character again.... so i have to choose... either ninjask or model C 10?

OR maybe i could edit ninajsk a little bit so that his daggers are on STRINGS. THUSS ENABLING ENDLESS CREATIVE POSSIBLILITIES. OHHH NUEHEHEHEEHEHE. I FEEL THE (CAPS LOCK) CREATIVITY FLOWING. please dad (Tom) can i keep it?
Back to top Go down
Tom
Staff
Tom

PostSubject: Re: Battle season, info here!   Battle season, info here! - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2011 4:47 am

Cryvern, Jettzin is working on it, have you added him on msn? or send him a PM about the character specifics so you can already start on a rough draft without seeing the design.

SethX, the addition of the strings to complete the character seems pretty neat, do it!
notify Touma about it in a PM or on MSN so he can get to work with your character.

Have fun guys!
Back to top Go down
Haitam

Haitam

PostSubject: Re: Battle season, info here!   Battle season, info here! - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2011 4:50 am

@ edyrem I'm just going to finish it ,I haven't heard from flax.

@Creativename dude I'd love to battle you ,but I have to finish my battle with flax.
Back to top Go down
Cryvern

Cryvern

PostSubject: Re: Battle season, info here!   Battle season, info here! - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2011 6:32 am

Yea I hv him as a contact but were on completely different timezones. I knw his char's face and its weapon but thts about it
Back to top Go down
http://cryvern.deviantart.com
Jettzin

Jettzin

PostSubject: Re: Battle season, info here!   Battle season, info here! - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2011 9:37 am

sorry cryvern im in a bit of a slump right now
to draw its all about mood for me man
anyways i dont think i can post something that im not proud of so
im gonna try to get in the drawing mood and post as soon as i can :P
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: Battle season, info here!   Battle season, info here! - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2011 2:47 pm

Well shit, Hotaru's not going to make the battle either. Both Haitam and I have been abandoned by our opponents. However, Haitam seems to have put more work into his project so far, apparently to much to stop at this point. I haven't done more than a small amount of storyboarding, so I could be Creativename's opponent from this point on, if he provides a character soon.

Otherwise, I'll do what Haitam is doing and make my character fight the original opponent.
Back to top Go down
Touma

Touma

PostSubject: Re: Battle season, info here!   Battle season, info here! - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2011 2:49 pm

well that sucks:/
Anyway Seth and me both started on our anim's so that problem is over.
Back to top Go down
Tom
Staff
Tom

PostSubject: Re: Battle season, info here!   Battle season, info here! - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2011 2:49 pm

Why doesn't Hotaru want to work on the battle? and why tell that now? after all this time?
Back to top Go down
Touma

Touma

PostSubject: Re: Battle season, info here!   Battle season, info here! - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2011 2:50 pm

yeah i would like to know aswell.
Back to top Go down
Flax

PostSubject: Re: Battle season, info here!   Battle season, info here! - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2011 3:21 pm

yee i'd say haitam wins by default, i just got a wacom bamboo tablet :3 but i don't feel to pick the fight back up late (i'd have to start over) and i realized i can't animate wolves :S
But we'll see what happens :O
Back to top Go down
Tom
Staff
Tom

PostSubject: Re: Battle season, info here!   Battle season, info here! - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2011 3:23 pm

you really should've thought about whether or not you can animate your character beforehand, hahaha.

As for the reason Hotaru stops, college begins and he won't have enough time to continue working on his battle animation.
Edyrem has already shown interest in battling Creativename. I encourage this idea.

Creativename, are you up for this?
Back to top Go down
SethX

SethX

PostSubject: Re: Battle season, info here!   Battle season, info here! - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2011 4:18 pm

After about 20 minutes of failing to animate this character, it throws me into fits of frustrated depression. i think i take this shit WAY too seriously ; n ;
Back to top Go down
Touma

Touma

PostSubject: Re: Battle season, info here!   Battle season, info here! - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2011 4:31 pm

did you actually storyboard your anim before you did this?
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: Battle season, info here!   Battle season, info here! - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2011 5:26 pm

I only found out yesterday that Hotaru was going to be too busy to do this, so we had a short conversation and he made it clear that he wont have time for this because of college.

@Flax oh come on are you serious, man? You got your tablet, and you're the one who created the wolf in the first place! LOL wtf man get in the goddamn fight.
I'm starting over vs Creativename if he agrees to battle me, so you restarting is no big deal.
The point is, Flax, don't be a quitter.

@Seth:
Sigh... how about I help you animate 1 on 1 for a short while like Malfunction and I were gonna do?
Back to top Go down
Creativename

Creativename

PostSubject: Re: Battle season, info here!   Battle season, info here! - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2011 5:47 pm

@Edyrem: Yes.

But I'm having trouble finding any of your animations. I looked through some of your posts, but all the links to your work that I found had gone sour.
Back to top Go down
Touma

Touma

PostSubject: Re: Battle season, info here!   Battle season, info here! - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2011 5:49 pm

oh yeah edy get an framemash acc we have a group to promote psuda there
Back to top Go down
SethX

SethX

PostSubject: Re: Battle season, info here!   Battle season, info here! - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2011 8:41 pm

oh boy edy! its like christmas all up in here! By the way... my Fluidnet irc completely broke. so i hang out on adelais...
Back to top Go down
Malfunction

Malfunction

PostSubject: Re: Battle season, info here!   Battle season, info here! - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 12:04 am

Gentlemen, you all take this far too seriously. Just animate SOMETHING, no matter how shit.
Your characters can be rough sketches, uncoloured, and have no storyline for all I care. As long as you submit something, you'll have learned from the process.
Don't completely abandon the project because it's not exactly how you envisioned it. Damn perfectionists. If you lose, so what, at least we have a community tournament :D

Making SOMETHING is integral for establishing us as a growing community and for piquing interest in aspiring animators.
DO IT.
Back to top Go down
Creativename

Creativename

PostSubject: Re: Battle season, info here!   Battle season, info here! - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 12:28 am

There's nothing worse than an artists' circlejerk, but while we're on the subject, I strongly agree with Malfuntion. "Hey, that thing that that guy said is true, hur!" But seriously, it is.

Edit: And Tom, thanks for the down-low on Edy.

Last edited by Creativename on Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:00 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Tom
Staff
Tom

PostSubject: Re: Battle season, info here!   Battle season, info here! - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 3:15 am

Creativename: http://www.truploader.com/author/goukakyou << Link to Edyrem's animations in the past.

Guys, Malfunction has made a very good point ( which you should've realized by yourself as well )
This tournament needs animations in order to finish. no matter how bad the quality or level of finishing you have done on it, hand it in at some point because that's what we're here for.

Don't expect to hand in your Mona Lisa all the time, it's just not gonna happen every time.
Animate and see where you will end up.

Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: Battle season, info here!   Battle season, info here! - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 10:39 am

Thanks Mal, I think everyone needed that. You just dispelled an irrational sense of tension about the quality of the work.
Seth, we're not preparing to show these at an animation convention just yet :P
Do something that can compare to your usual, get it? Don't rate yourself with pro standards, rate yourself against your previous animations and artwork ;)
Please guys, don't lose self worth over this, this is supposed to be fun. If you decide to animate it all in a rough draft that's crappy in anatomy and motion, so be it. We'll respect you so much more than if you submitting nothing to the competition.

One of the main rules in this competition is: don't lose by forfeit, lose with a bang. (Because your reputation is at stake!)

@Creativename:
*takes kung fu stance* So it begins.
PM me your email and create the character that you shall fight me with!
And I hope my character's detail doesn't fall in the 3fps category for you xD
Back to top Go down
kyrin

kyrin

PostSubject: Re: Battle season, info here!   Battle season, info here! - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 12:42 am

Edy, is there still a possibility to enter this... or is it to late D:
Back to top Go down
Tom
Staff
Tom

PostSubject: Re: Battle season, info here!   Battle season, info here! - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 4:11 am

Kyrin, we have to take a look at possible opponents for you then. can you show us a link to some of your work? and how about you start to work on a character design?

Even if we can't find an opponent, it's always fun to have done a nice character design!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Battle season, info here!   Battle season, info here! - Page 11 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Battle season, info here!
Page 11 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 17  Next