Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Gonna do a series of paintings and also

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Jettzin

Jettzin

Gonna do a series of paintings and also Empty
PostSubject: Gonna do a series of paintings and also   Gonna do a series of paintings and also I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2012 2:49 pm

A turn around for a project i'm working on
line arts meh but i'm still happy with it.
edit* fixed side view
Gonna do a series of paintings and also Finn_t11
Moar soon...
Thoughts?

Last edited by Jettzin on Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:36 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: Gonna do a series of paintings and also   Gonna do a series of paintings and also I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2012 9:10 pm

I see that you're drawing Adventure Time. Nice artwork. What's the project?
Back to top Go down
Jettzin

Jettzin

PostSubject: Re: Gonna do a series of paintings and also   Gonna do a series of paintings and also I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 2:39 pm

Well it's a fanimation that i plan on making. Got the outline of the story done. I've also started on the storyboards and character sketching. Now i just need to finalize the turnarounds and start making more test animations.
Since you asked for more art here:
Gonna do a series of paintings and also Dscn1011
This was a sketch i did a couple days ago, which inspired me to make this project.
Not sure if that's productive or egotistic...
I'll post the villain soon cool
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: Gonna do a series of paintings and also   Gonna do a series of paintings and also I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 4:33 pm

Pretty awesome. You even have the workflow in order, I really think you'll have a successful time with this project. Let us know how it goes :D
Back to top Go down
Jettzin

Jettzin

PostSubject: Re: Gonna do a series of paintings and also   Gonna do a series of paintings and also I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 6:57 pm

Let me introduce you to the villain for the project
The Blizzard Prince:
Gonna do a series of paintings and also Dscn1012
He's sinister but not the typical villain.
More stuff and info on him later when i get some moar sketches
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: Gonna do a series of paintings and also   Gonna do a series of paintings and also I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 11:28 pm

Sinister but not typical, huh? Care to elaborate on his personality for meh?
Back to top Go down
Jones

Jones

PostSubject: Re: Gonna do a series of paintings and also   Gonna do a series of paintings and also I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 11:02 pm

Ahhh, good drawings mate. With the villain picture, I love the expression and pose on the far left.
Im really curious to see what the stories gonna be about to be honest. Share a bit? :P
Back to top Go down
Jettzin

Jettzin

PostSubject: Re: Gonna do a series of paintings and also   Gonna do a series of paintings and also I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2012 2:55 pm

I want Jim (or James) to be kinda be nice dude...
idk still thinking on how his personality will affect the story.
Back to top Go down
Jettzin

Jettzin

PostSubject: Re: Gonna do a series of paintings and also   Gonna do a series of paintings and also I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 2:11 pm

Excuse the double post:
but this is now my main threads and i coming baring gifts.
Newest Animation that's kinda fresh to death:
http://www.swfcabin.com/open/1344879010
Robots Thing incomplete:
http://www.truploader.com/view/686734
Lipsync test( pull up the volume it's quiet)
http://www.truploader.com/view/049080
i'll clean it soon :D
Psuda Thing incomplete:
http://www.truploader.com/view/004779
lol excuse my notes :P

Now some never before seen SUPER old stuff:
http://www.truploader.com/view/043529
http://www.truploader.com/view/061290

also a quick rain check on the adventuretime stuff for now while i figure out timing
Back to top Go down
Tom
Staff
Tom

PostSubject: Re: Gonna do a series of paintings and also   Gonna do a series of paintings and also I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 2:58 pm

I love seeing your progress so far buddy, keep it up!

the anim i'm going to comment on for now is the robot animation, as it appeals to me and I think, that with a little bit of work, it can become quite a good animation.

There's a few moments in the animation where adding a few more frames will make it look a lot better with little amount of work.

When he shoots for the first time, it misfires and you choose to IMMEDIATELY retract to arm so he can take a look whats wrong.

When he shoots, a principle that you can use that I've been reading up on is called opposite actions, which means that when you animate something going one way, then animate another part of that object or character going the other way.

This makes it feel more alive. In this case you could choose to animate the head going backwards, basically stretching the body out backwards a bit.

a link to explain this concept a bit more:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRxl-QX-c6k

Next up: the cut to the semi close-up of the character.
I think moving it back one or two frames might change this issue.
This is, ofcourse, if you decide to keep the anim as it is right now.

Third point of critique:

The final part of the animation, where he takes aim again, it's currently unfinished, or it seems like that, at least.
adding a few frames between where the arm is pointing up and where the arm is aiming will finish this part.

Also, the launch backwards goes way too fast. you need to ease that part and add 1 or two frames to the actual flying away part.

Use the big eyes you created on this character to show the surprise of the blast actually working this time, make him blink quickly and open the eyes big and wide when he gets launched.
Back to top Go down
Jettzin

Jettzin

PostSubject: Re: Gonna do a series of paintings and also   Gonna do a series of paintings and also I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 9:47 pm

Thanks man
wow didn't even notice that until you said it :P
i'll look into the youtube video more when i got's the time but thanks a whole bunch for the critique :)
cool

Edit: Also rain check on that rain check i just need to get my ideas on paper and finish those dang AdventureTime Storyboards! :rage:
Back to top Go down
Jettzin

Jettzin

PostSubject: Re: Gonna do a series of paintings and also   Gonna do a series of paintings and also I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2012 3:16 pm

Gonna do a series of paintings and also Tovd410
Sherlock WIP
cuz i'm kinda a cumberbitch
anyhow the painting was really hard in the shadow area
i couldnt get the shades of blue and purple quite right
i still can't lol
so i picked color from the ref's shadow's 5% of the time
the rest of 95% is done fully by trial and error and me just mixing colors
so i didn't totally cheat haha

EDIT: my god the left side of his face is way to bright, i'lll fix that later haha
Back to top Go down
Hitorio
Staff
Hitorio

PostSubject: Re: Gonna do a series of paintings and also   Gonna do a series of paintings and also I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2012 4:15 pm

Isn't it a bitch when you get halfway through the painting and find a fuck up in your line art? :P The guy in the picture has a wide gap between his eyes. It was too much for your body to handle, so you made the eyes closer in a subconscious attempt to preserve your peace of mind.
Back to top Go down
Jettzin

Jettzin

PostSubject: Re: Gonna do a series of paintings and also   Gonna do a series of paintings and also I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2012 4:40 pm

never noticed that, easy fix
problem for another day i'm beat :P
tomorrow i start again.
Back to top Go down
Jettzin

Jettzin

PostSubject: Re: Gonna do a series of paintings and also   Gonna do a series of paintings and also I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 7:34 pm

Thanks Hito
no other critique?
I'm out
Gonna do a series of paintings and also Tumblr_mbe9se0Quu1qbbr3q
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: Gonna do a series of paintings and also   Gonna do a series of paintings and also I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 8:06 am

I got some critique for you cool

Construction wise, gj but it looks like you did all of the features without closely measuring their proportions. Cause of this, the way you did the eyes makes it look less alike. To work on that I'd start with paying attention to the proportions of the brows and cheeks and how his eyes fit in it (check the distance between his brow/cheekbone and his eye in multiple ways, check where his eyes are aligned, etc.).

Nice lighting you got dere on his dark half. Need to darken that area between his mouth and his darkened eye though.

Slightly saturate the yellowish area where his eyebrow, hairline and neck are. His neck could use a little extra darkening too.

Nice work buddy :)
Back to top Go down
Jettzin

Jettzin

PostSubject: Re: Gonna do a series of paintings and also   Gonna do a series of paintings and also I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 10:31 am

^thanks
also what exactly do you mean by saturate the yellowish area
and i should probably fix the distance in proportions
know any quick ways to alter it without having to redo the whole entire picture?
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: Gonna do a series of paintings and also   Gonna do a series of paintings and also I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 4:38 pm

Basically erase the eyes, measure the eye placement and shaping in your drawing again and give it a shot.
general way to measure:

places to saturate:
Back to top Go down
Jettzin

Jettzin

PostSubject: Re: Gonna do a series of paintings and also   Gonna do a series of paintings and also I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 9:38 pm

all right! :D
thanks edyrem
i love it now i know where to go
i was so lost in something
cuz i knew it was slightly off still even though incomplete
and now you pointed me in the right direction
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: Gonna do a series of paintings and also   Gonna do a series of paintings and also I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 4:06 pm

Keep me posted on your continued progress with any new progress pics or vid clips. Wanna see how freakin' huge, solid, thick and tight you can get. Thanks for the motivation.
Back to top Go down
Jettzin

Jettzin

PostSubject: Re: Gonna do a series of paintings and also   Gonna do a series of paintings and also I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 6:24 pm

Been busy but found time in my 7th period class to make art on the dry erase boards
Of course Sherlock:
Gonna do a series of paintings and also Expo_s10
David Tennant:
Gonna do a series of paintings and also ?ui=2&ik=e17b169298&view=att&th=13a993fd745f8692&attid=0

The second being my favorite due to the random unnecessary colors and the amount of time taken to complete it, half of the Sherlock drawing

Will be erasing the Sherlock and doing another real soon.
If you're inclined go check out my DA: http://jettzin.deviantart.com/
and be cool cool
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: Gonna do a series of paintings and also   Gonna do a series of paintings and also I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 10:51 am

First I wasn't sure if you were serious about that oprtrait, then I realized you did it on a dry erase board, so the standards are different :P

I honestly can never draw anything good on the board in front of a class. I mean, it's enough to impress them somewhat, but... yeah.

U got a charming humor to your photos of yourself btw ;3
Back to top Go down
Jettzin

Jettzin

PostSubject: Re: Gonna do a series of paintings and also   Gonna do a series of paintings and also I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 3:08 pm

Humor How so?
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: Gonna do a series of paintings and also   Gonna do a series of paintings and also I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2012 2:00 am

Your attitude, expression, etc. shows some outgoing-ness.

And get dafuck on irc
Back to top Go down
Jettzin

Jettzin

PostSubject: Re: Gonna do a series of paintings and also   Gonna do a series of paintings and also I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2012 7:24 pm

Gonna do a series of paintings and also DDfZG
Yet another of my Expo marker drawings. This one of Sherlock I enjoy better than the last one.
The reference of this was a painting done by an amazing painter Alicexz on deviantart
http://alicexz.deviantart.com/gallery/35264500?offset=24#/d46vte4
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gonna do a series of paintings and also   Gonna do a series of paintings and also I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gonna do a series of paintings and also
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next