Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Director of Evangelion teaches basic animation at school

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Hitorio
Staff
Hitorio

Director of Evangelion teaches basic animation at school Empty
PostSubject: Director of Evangelion teaches basic animation at school   Director of Evangelion teaches basic animation at school I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 1:19 pm

Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: Director of Evangelion teaches basic animation at school   Director of Evangelion teaches basic animation at school I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 6:35 pm

Wow, (I watched 2 and a half parts and) Anno has such a jaded, introverted personality...

Haha, this really king-like image one has of his animator's persona becomes diminished in light of his personality. He seems like a really average guy, who just draws stuff.

You almost forget he's the driving force of that visual masterpiece we call NGE.

The funniest part is when that douchebag little boy was asked if his animation was interestng (part 1), and he goes "No, it's not interesting."

I guess not everyone's an animator!
Back to top Go down
Duo

Duo

PostSubject: Re: Director of Evangelion teaches basic animation at school   Director of Evangelion teaches basic animation at school I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2010 11:39 pm

Despite his unending talent. He seems to lead quite a depressing life. I'm sure it''s because he sacrificed so much time on mastering his skill.
Back to top Go down
Hitorio
Staff
Hitorio

PostSubject: Re: Director of Evangelion teaches basic animation at school   Director of Evangelion teaches basic animation at school I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 1:03 am

He's married now, by the way...to a mangaka. How do these people do it? :P

...I must say, though... seeing part of his past inspired me...and seeing part of his past felt as if sharing his perspective on art is a depressing feeling.
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: Director of Evangelion teaches basic animation at school   Director of Evangelion teaches basic animation at school I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 9:09 am

Damn, marrying a mangaka... fucking awesome. Good for him, he seems really depressed and devoid of confidence.

Can you elaborate on how his past inspired you?
I also found it pretty interesting that he always thought he was a normal, everyday artist; that everyone is at least this good. He sure is mild mannered.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Director of Evangelion teaches basic animation at school   Director of Evangelion teaches basic animation at school I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 2:24 pm

I feel bad for him hes like
Are you married
"unforinately no."
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: Director of Evangelion teaches basic animation at school   Director of Evangelion teaches basic animation at school I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 5:18 pm

Bro8struction, Hitorio just said he got married dawg!

Also, I want to see a picture of his wife... hurr hurr wanna get me a little view of that thang... aherm herm...
Director of Evangelion teaches basic animation at school 1284591533664 YOU NAW'M SAYIN?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Director of Evangelion teaches basic animation at school   Director of Evangelion teaches basic animation at school I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 5:30 pm

Me 2 actually :O what if shes hot
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: Director of Evangelion teaches basic animation at school   Director of Evangelion teaches basic animation at school I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 6:15 pm

Probably not though, dude D:
Back to top Go down
Hitorio
Staff
Hitorio

PostSubject: Re: Director of Evangelion teaches basic animation at school   Director of Evangelion teaches basic animation at school I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 8:08 pm

Here's what gets me tearing my ball hair out: all of these pro artists are marrying more pro artists; I even see it on DA! Lucky fuckers

cellar-fcp (the guy that I chose for the example of my favorite art style) and nebezial (comic artist; does witchblade) are people who have girlfriend/wife (That are also on DA and almost as skilled as they are). There are a few more people whose names I forgot as well.

...Hiroyuki Yamashita also married a fellow animator.

Kazuki Takahashi, mangaka of Yu-Gi-Oh, is married to Rumiko Takahashi, mangaka of InuYasha and Ranma1/2.
Yoshihiro Togashi, mangaka of Yu Yu Hakusho and Hunter x Hunter, is married (but they don't have the same family name..perhaps intense girlfriends) to Naoko Takeuchi, mangaka of Sailor Moon. I've seen one of her interviews, and she's good looking.
Eiichiro Oda, creator of One Piece, is married to Chiaki Inaba. Now she isn't an artist, but a cosplayer who frequents conventions and cosplayed Nami, which, I think, caught Oda's attention. She's regarded as hot. Not my facial type, but I can appreciate her...objective hotness. :P

..now I know I've got yet more to discover, but on to Hideaki Anno. His wife: Moyoco Anno... *keyboard typing* who has an uncle named Ko Kojima... *type type type* and starred in a movie with Hideaki Anno, the characters of whom got married...fittingly. It was directed by a co-founder of Gainax. These tightly connected peeps! :o
Spoiler:
Seems like Mrs. Anno is a Shojo artist here. She also does geisha cosmetic products and schitt.

======

...I was inspired by the journals that Anno took in class, his creativity at a young age, his prodigous paintings that he did, his child-like tendencies to become one with his favorite chars by imitating them, etc. ...plus the fact that he grew to be one of the animators of Daicon, and of course, a co-founder of Gainax. Anno did the scene with the city being nuked and the buildings being peeled away, debris flying and such.
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: Director of Evangelion teaches basic animation at school   Director of Evangelion teaches basic animation at school I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 10:52 am

Dude... Anno is married to that girl? She has a bangin' body. Big score!

To find someone with such a fantastically lucky thing in common as being an artist, coupled with such good looks... I'd cut off my left nut to be that lucky.

Yeah I thought it was funny that he imitated his heroes in films and shit. It's quite childish and silly, but it's expressive.
Back to top Go down
Hitorio
Staff
Hitorio

PostSubject: Re: Director of Evangelion teaches basic animation at school   Director of Evangelion teaches basic animation at school I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 2:51 pm

Edyrem wrote:
Yeah I thought it was funny that he imitated his heroes in films and shit. It's quite childish and silly, but it's expressive.

I agree here, but with "childish and silly" being less negative than intended. I admire that quality in an adult. If their imagination is so un-dull and immersive that they can place themselves into a full mental POV of their chars, that is liked by me. I do it all the time, of course, without moving around and stuff. Meditation does the trick. When you have a story in which a diverse set of chars are to behave realistically, mental adventures = Thor's hammer. Shit's awesome.

I also have a respect for artists that are insane about their work. Literally insane.
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: Director of Evangelion teaches basic animation at school   Director of Evangelion teaches basic animation at school I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 2:57 pm

Thor's hammer... nice imagery.

I didn't mean it too negatively, mind you. :P
But I do hate being boring. I don't attach 'boring' to grown up anymore.

And if I did, I wouldn't want to be mature.

Actually, I pity artists who are insane and have personality disorders. Yeah, they might make historical feats, but their lives feel empty and the only way they fulfill it is with their obsession. That sounds admirable in a poetic light, but realistically speaking, it's depressing to only have one hobby to feel any sort of fulfillment from. It's a dark and lonely life.
Back to top Go down
Hitorio
Staff
Hitorio

PostSubject: Re: Director of Evangelion teaches basic animation at school   Director of Evangelion teaches basic animation at school I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 5:31 pm

I'd say that it depends on the person.

Do not feel sorry for those who cannot have when they...do not want. I don't know exactly what they experience, but I doubt that each one is bathed with the general negative depression.
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: Director of Evangelion teaches basic animation at school   Director of Evangelion teaches basic animation at school I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 7:35 pm

Eh, well, you admire their sheer discipline and passion, but they probably are very troubled in other life matters.
Back to top Go down
Hitorio
Staff
Hitorio

PostSubject: Re: Director of Evangelion teaches basic animation at school   Director of Evangelion teaches basic animation at school I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 10:24 pm

...back to Anno. How bout that beard? :D
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: Director of Evangelion teaches basic animation at school   Director of Evangelion teaches basic animation at school I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 10:42 pm

His beard is the inferior, as typical of Asian facial hair.

Regrettably, they just don't usually have the same amount of beard that, say, Arabs do.
Hell, even Twilight vampires can grow manlier beards than that.

Director of Evangelion teaches basic animation at school 6a00e5536b2ba988330120a7feaffd970b-500wi
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Director of Evangelion teaches basic animation at school   Director of Evangelion teaches basic animation at school I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Director of Evangelion teaches basic animation at school
Page 1 of 1