Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Psuda mascot

Go down 
+10
Jones
0lelouch0
Bax3r
Jettzin
Malfunction
Duo
Isaac
Tom
Edyrem
Hitorio
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Tom
Staff
Tom

Psuda mascot - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Psuda mascot   Psuda mascot - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 7:13 am

I think we should keep the wing-ears edyrem, they're a really good way of showing emotions and expression, and they give something extra to the helmet..

ofcourse the psuda logo should be somewhere on his suit, for recognition.
The heart shape should be maintained, it adds a little twist to an otherwise boring suit.
I think he shouldnt have any weaponry to start out with, anything he wants, he can fingerpaint, so no need for any extra accessories like that.

I think we shouldnt go for the motor cross helmet, and nothing TOO badass, because it will make us lose his innocent and playful nature.a visor from chin to hairline seems like fun ( check my design ) and the eyes have plenty of room for movement with a big visor like that.
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: Psuda mascot   Psuda mascot - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 10:08 am

Agreed with everything Tom said.

Very nice designs Jettzin, but it's simply redundant to have accessories when he can create anything in the first place. Here's some more of my brainstorming.

Psuda mascot - Page 4 Y7ee8v334_psudamascot
Back to top Go down
Tom
Staff
Tom

PostSubject: Re: Psuda mascot   Psuda mascot - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 10:11 am

1) Lose the muscle definition, makes him look too mature. people that age arent ripped.
making the visor straight instead of curving downwards at the top in the middle will lose that monkey feel.. make the eyes round instead of oval will do thee trick as well.
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: Psuda mascot   Psuda mascot - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 10:17 am

Fair suggestions, but if I make the top of the visor straight it might look cliche.
Look at Samus from metroid for instance.

As for the eyes, nah I'd rather keep the oval outline... it's just nice.
Back to top Go down
Tom
Staff
Tom

PostSubject: Re: Psuda mascot   Psuda mascot - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 10:20 am

oval eyes make it harder to show emotions, keep that in mind, round eyes are more susceptable for squash and stretch animations to show emotion :)

if you want to keep the top line and how its curved. definitely try out the round eyes.
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: Psuda mascot   Psuda mascot - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 10:24 am

But oval eyes are more believable, Tom. I doubt we'd ever show what's behind the visor but it still feels more legitimate, in my opinion. We can still do a lot with almond/oval eyes. Look at Eve from Wall-E to see my main inspiration for the digital visor eyes.

But one of the shapes has to change, so let's look at the visor.

Should we change the curve on the bottom side of the visor, or the top, or both? Why don't you just doodle on that for a bit, because I want to check the other threads.
Nevermind I just saw that you're messing on photoshop.
Though, feel free to draw designs on PS if you want.
Back to top Go down
Tom
Staff
Tom

PostSubject: Re: Psuda mascot   Psuda mascot - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 10:27 am

Have you seen my design thing i put up here? basically a visor that covers it from chin to hairline, both curved up and downward lines.
basically, it's like a full face mask.or at least, close to it.
I'll doodle some more for you.
Ill have a look at wall-e as well.
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: Psuda mascot   Psuda mascot - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 10:34 am

But I don't want to copy this famous Daft Punk helmet:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Tom
Staff
Tom

PostSubject: Re: Psuda mascot   Psuda mascot - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 12:11 pm

Here's my little helmet doodle:

Psuda mascot - Page 4 Helmet10
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: Psuda mascot   Psuda mascot - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 6:48 pm

I like it a lot. I'll draw something with that later. I hate the feathered ear though. I don't know about anyone else, but it feels so unsophisticated imo.

Anyway I do really dig the really WIDE screen.
Back to top Go down
Jettzin

Jettzin

PostSubject: Re: Psuda mascot   Psuda mascot - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 7:24 pm

so do asians
but i like the eye desgin you made in page 3 i think
Spoiler:
its unique and convey emotion away
i think we should create a base for the body, so we dont go to far away from the basic structure
(muscle adding and such) just poking fun edyrem lol
but serious about the base none the less
also you look at my desgin for the ears the ears kind of go straight or outward
not to say your desgin for the ears isnt good(love the side view) im just not in favor of sea monkey mascots lol
Back to top Go down
Duo

Duo

PostSubject: Re: Psuda mascot   Psuda mascot - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 7:39 pm

Our mascot looks like it has homosexual tendencies
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Psuda mascot   Psuda mascot - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 7:39 pm

Duo wrote:

LOL
Back to top Go down
Jettzin

Jettzin

PostSubject: Re: Psuda mascot   Psuda mascot - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 8:07 pm

Edyrem wrote:
Agreed with everything Tom said.

Very nice designs Jettzin, but it's simply redundant to have accessories when he can create anything in the first place. Here's some more of my brainstorming.

Psuda mascot - Page 4 Y7ee8v334_psudamascot
does this mean we're not going with the lava lamp inside his heart idea?
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: Psuda mascot   Psuda mascot - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 8:35 pm

Jettzin, what do you mean by lava lamp heart? I have a hard time imagining it.
So far I just imagine some sort of glowing heart.

Duo wrote:

cool u mad cuz u don't have a heart shape on your chest.
Back to top Go down
Malfunction

Malfunction

PostSubject: Re: Psuda mascot   Psuda mascot - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 11:24 pm

Liek this:

Just like, actually animated.
I think it could look cool.
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: Psuda mascot   Psuda mascot - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 9:17 am

I see... of course, it can't be an actual lava lamp in his chest - it has to be the surface itself having animated shapes.

I guess we can do this :) it's very possible to animate.

The disruption in their floating could express his emotions very well :D coupled with the color of his heart and eyes changing as well... and the intensity of the glows to show his vitality and passion.

Now to decide if we should animate these lava lamp shapes as absences of color or the the actual color itself? Illustration below - give us your votes! BUT this time give us your vote in a spoiler box, so that you don't influence anyone else. And if anyone voted before you, don't read their spoilers until you gave your vote.

Psuda mascot - Page 4 8yppqmn0m_untitled
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Psuda mascot   Psuda mascot - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 9:19 am

I thin it would be cool if it were just a circle lavalamp but is their any story behind a heart?
Dose it represent life to the robot or is it even a robot :P i mean hearts arent even the real shape of the human heart, i dont get it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Psuda mascot   Psuda mascot - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 9:31 am

Just messing around :)
Psuda mascot - Page 4 Heart11

How awsome dose that heart look :D the red one
imagine it all robotic and shit, the cordes connected to it :O
Back to top Go down
Duo

Duo

PostSubject: Re: Psuda mascot   Psuda mascot - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 10:09 am

I like De8's idea. However it's more difficult to animate consistently.
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: Psuda mascot   Psuda mascot - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 10:41 am

There's no particular story behind the heart, but it conveys a nice innocence and childishness with its unrealistic cartoon shape. Plus, <3 is a very familiar shape that gives off wholesome feelings.

That realistic heart idea you have is super bad-ass and is relevant to my personal interests, but two things are in the way of putting it on our mascot:

-We decided our mascot is a human boy in a really cool suit, so it's not a robot you can open up.

-It's way too mature to have a live organ exposed and connected to robotic machinery. It's totally cool, but totally not the vibe we want to put on this character. Simple as that.

Anyway, unless someone is struck with inspiring reasons as to why we should have something other than a " <3 " lava lamp, then please make your choices (in a spoiler, and make your decision before reading other spoilers).

Last edited by Edyrem on Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Duo

Duo

PostSubject: Re: Psuda mascot   Psuda mascot - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 10:42 am

Why exactly is psuda trying to convey innocence? It makes no sense to me. Shouldn't we want to be the most BAMF out there?
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: Psuda mascot   Psuda mascot - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 10:56 am

Psuda = metropolis of professional and artistic themes.

Look, what's more inviting? Would people want to fuck off if we were overly intimidating?

Psuda mascot - Page 4 Most_Badass_Picture_World_Its_Not_Subjective_It_500x500_BADASS-s500x378-50521-580

Would a really strong city look inviting with this kind of billboard?

Psuda mascot - Page 4 Toothbrush-couch
Back to top Go down
Duo

Duo

PostSubject: Re: Psuda mascot   Psuda mascot - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 10:57 am

People gravitate to the best and the strongest. We shouldn't represent weakness imo.
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: Psuda mascot   Psuda mascot - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 11:02 am

People love being with the best, you're right. They also go where they feel invited.

Who says childishness is weakness anyway? The character has the characteristics of a god with his ability to animate anything. People will see our badassery in our EXECUTION of this character's animations, so BAMF is a given. Imagine when we animate a little cute thing with bad-ass amounts of skill.

It says "hey, we're fucking awesome, and we'll invite you with open arms."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Psuda mascot   Psuda mascot - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Psuda mascot
Page 4 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next