Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Madness people do stuff wip

Go down 
+3
Tigre
Tom
Miccool
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Miccool

Madness people do stuff wip Empty
PostSubject: Madness people do stuff wip   Madness people do stuff wip I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 1:12 am

Hey I'm working on a madness animation for september. Here's a quick scene that I just did.. The explosion took forever and the white guy is there for comedy relief, I'll take him out later lol.

http://www.fileize.com/view/a6191f08-e94/

Oh, yeah there's no preloader so the explosion may lag on first viewing.. just rewind and play again if it lags.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Madness people do stuff wip   Madness people do stuff wip I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 2:00 am

Is this fullbodyy?
anyways I like the explosion
You should make a blur tween on the grenade as the guy see's it it shouldn't be bury anymore

edit* and the 3d boxes were cool but they turn to much when the camera dosnt move that much so it makes the 3d unrealistic.

also how'd u make that explosion its boss
Back to top Go down
Miccool

PostSubject: Re: Madness people do stuff wip   Madness people do stuff wip I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 3:01 am

Cool, thanks!

As for the grenade blur. I was kinda going for the effect where you follow the grenade first, where the grenade is clear and the person is blurred, then shift to focusing on the person's reaction to the grenade so blurring the grenade. But your way might be better, yeah.

The explosion.. is a lot of frame by frame work, redrawing the whole thing over and over again then adding various filters and masks to it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Madness people do stuff wip   Madness people do stuff wip I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 3:03 am

Oh thats really nice props for that Haha ive never tried detailed smoke like that
Back to top Go down
Tom
Staff
Tom

PostSubject: Re: Madness people do stuff wip   Madness people do stuff wip I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 5:55 am

Let me start out by saying my opinion is biased brcause I don't like Madness..

But, that fact aside, I like what you did with the scene.
However, there are some flaws, mainly with the part where the grenade is blurred and flies to the face of the character.
1) the grenade and the changing of the 3d angle of the boxes are not synchronized,
The view of the boxes changes much more rapidly than the grenade going past.

2) and this one is really important: you actually reversed the box coming into view, right now you're coming from a 3/4th view into a front view with the camera, but it should be the other way around, at first you only see the side of the box and THEN you can see the 3/4th view, as the grenade is going past it.
Back to top Go down
Tigre

Tigre

PostSubject: Re: Madness people do stuff wip   Madness people do stuff wip I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 7:20 am

Haha, it's really miccool! You used to be my idol back when I did stick animations. I used to watch your "Kill the spartan" video everytime before I start animating and I was filled with inspiration. I loved the snowball collab animation too.
As of the project, yes, the box is changing angles a bit too fast, but I don't think thats the problem. The problem is that the side of the box should stretch OUT not IN to get the 3d effect. Look at a cube and move your head to the right. It's righ hand side stretches out, not in, right? Right now it looks as if the box is actually changing form.
I just adore the anime style of the explosion! There is possibly no way to make it look better :) I also loved the background. Matches up with the "style" of the animation.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Madness people do stuff wip   Madness people do stuff wip I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 1:37 pm

Micool did stick animz?
Back to top Go down
Miccool

PostSubject: Re: Madness people do stuff wip   Madness people do stuff wip I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 1:56 pm

Thanks for the advice everyone, I'll see what I can do. And yeah, I do stick animations... the main reason I kept with it so long is because my drawing skills aren't so up to level, but I'm getting there! (hopefully).
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: Madness people do stuff wip   Madness people do stuff wip I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 4:06 pm

:3 My-cool, for each time you post, God prevents 1 rape.

Your drawing skills are fine, by the way. It's more than enough to practice animating. The silliest mindset is to think "I'm not skilled enough to practice this skill!" It's like wtfGOINGinCIRCLES!!!

You. Me. Others. iScribble. Create bacon.
Back to top Go down
Hitorio
Staff
Hitorio

PostSubject: Re: Madness people do stuff wip   Madness people do stuff wip I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 5:19 pm

De8struction wrote:
Micool did stick animz?

I believe I remember a part by him in the Come Back Collab.

Yeah, the explosion pawns. Why did you not think of fbf explosions, De8? You should frequently see them in MADs. Micool(I pronounce it Mickool as opposed to Edyrem's My-Cool)'s explosion as well as the explosions in many MADs influence me to train in explosions.
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: Madness people do stuff wip   Madness people do stuff wip I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 4:07 am

Yeah, he also inspired me with that explosion. To be honest, I never think to use gradients or masks in anything. I must be handicapping myself by not being familiar and skilled with them for when they're appropriate.

Also, fuck Mickool. It's MYCOOL!
Back to top Go down
Touma

Touma

PostSubject: Re: Madness people do stuff wip   Madness people do stuff wip I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 4:26 pm

link doesnt work for me maybe its because i use iexplorer
Back to top Go down
Haitam

Haitam

PostSubject: Re: Madness people do stuff wip   Madness people do stuff wip I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 4:20 am

download chrome or firefox (or something else as long as it isn't iexplorer ) ,you would do yourself a favor.
on topic ~ sweet explosion ,that probably took a while.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Madness people do stuff wip   Madness people do stuff wip I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Madness people do stuff wip
Page 1 of 1