Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Adivce and Help and Stuff

Go down 
+3
Isaac
Duo
GhostTear
7 posters
AuthorMessage
GhostTear

GhostTear

Adivce and Help and Stuff Empty
PostSubject: Adivce and Help and Stuff   Adivce and Help and Stuff I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 9:44 am

http://www.truploader.com/view/915349

So here is my animation. I have a problem with believing that I can do well in animation. So my friend sent me to this site saying it will help me tons. I am up for anything to help me out so any advice no matter how harsh I will accept. Looking at all these great animators on this site makes me glad that my friend sent me here. Well, that's it. Thanks again and looking forward to you responses. <3
Back to top Go down
Duo

Duo

PostSubject: Re: Adivce and Help and Stuff   Adivce and Help and Stuff I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 3:04 pm

More frames.
Back to top Go down
GhostTear

GhostTear

PostSubject: Re: Adivce and Help and Stuff   Adivce and Help and Stuff I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 5:41 pm

Will do. Will try harder and longer next time.
Back to top Go down
Isaac

PostSubject: Re: Adivce and Help and Stuff   Adivce and Help and Stuff I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 6:11 pm

As well as more frames, I would say try to make the drawings more defined. It seems they need more detail. Also try to make the movements more understandable.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Adivce and Help and Stuff   Adivce and Help and Stuff I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 6:34 pm

GhostTear wrote:
Will do. Will try harder and longer next time.
Thats what she said.
Back to top Go down
Hitorio
Staff
Hitorio

PostSubject: Re: Adivce and Help and Stuff   Adivce and Help and Stuff I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 10:44 am

You animate like I did when I did flipbook animations years ago. Your style looks like you could do fun schitt with it, but more awareness for truly impactful movements are needed. Your animation style is pretty non-changing, speed-wise. If everything in the animation runs at the same rate of intensity, sense of impact is lost when an action is done that needs it.
I think that what you need to implement is a bit of exaggeration and some easing in certain areas.

I'll take the part in which she shoots the blade our of her sleeve and pulls the wire back toward her as an example.
When she shoots the blade, her body seems kinda stiff. I like that she was blown back a bit from the force, but she is too stiff overall. If you were to imitate her movement, you'd see that only her arm would be moving...and compared to the rest of her body, it seems kinda unnatural.

http://www.truploader.com/view/772750
Here is an example of full movement of the body in reaction to the cord shot and the entire body, not just the arm, going into the actual release of the cord. (Ignore the resizing error in which the torso gradually grows; since I stopped typing a school report to write this post, I didn't put any time into worrying about proportions; only movement, so that you could see what I meant)

When she pulls the cord for the blade to return and stab her between the tits, it's not quite convincing that she used a lot of force to pull it back. That part needed some serious easing.
Instead of the one step of "quick tug", I suggest three motions for:
-She grabs the cord.
-She eases into the pull to show some resistance by the cord, but as the pull happens, her hand moves hella fast to indicate that she won the force struggle between the blade's inertia and her own biceps.
-She eases out of the pull.
This happens quickly, but applying physics makes it more awesome.

(Apologies for any lack of clarity. I stopped my report to contribute because I didn't see any crits on the thread that seemed thorough enough)
Back to top Go down
GhostTear

GhostTear

PostSubject: Re: Adivce and Help and Stuff   Adivce and Help and Stuff I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 11:01 am

Thanks a bunch. Especially the overview of what I need to work on and how to improve.
Back to top Go down
Shinitobi

Shinitobi

PostSubject: Re: Adivce and Help and Stuff   Adivce and Help and Stuff I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 4:01 pm

See, GhostTear, I knew you'd like the site. The Community is a very nice one, I have learned a lot from them as well. So keep on learning from them.
Back to top Go down
Tom
Staff
Tom

PostSubject: Re: Adivce and Help and Stuff   Adivce and Help and Stuff I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 7:42 am

Good to hear people telling others how much they appreciate Psuda, makes me happy!

GhosTear, As Hitorio stated, it needs a bit more variation in the timing of the movements, to give it that extra "Oomphff".

Also, the character, after pulling back on the rope, just stands there waiting to get hit.. doesn't seem to make a lot of sense :P

Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: Adivce and Help and Stuff   Adivce and Help and Stuff I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 2:36 am

Hello GhostTear. I see Hitorio delivered his advice in an epic fashion with a response animaiton :3

I'll give you props for making the wire all wavy when she throws the weapon but becomes very firm when she pulls the wire back.

I'll restate some of the things Hitorio said; lots of stiffness in the body. It doesn't change or tilt in any direction when the weight in her arms is moving around.

Also, you ought to - no no, you must learn the basic keying method. Your lines will automatically be less wobbly and the easing will be easier if you follow a pattern.

One Image:
Back to top Go down
GhostTear

GhostTear

PostSubject: Re: Adivce and Help and Stuff   Adivce and Help and Stuff I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 11:06 am

Edyrem wrote:
Hello GhostTear. I see Hitorio delivered his advice in an epic fashion with a response animaiton :3

I'll give you props for making the wire all wavy when she throws the weapon but becomes very firm when she pulls the wire back.

I'll restate some of the things Hitorio said; lots of stiffness in the body. It doesn't change or tilt in any direction when the weight in her arms is moving around.

Also, you ought to - no no, you must learn the basic keying method. Your lines will automatically be less wobbly and the easing will be easier if you follow a pattern.

One Image:

AH!! Thanks so much! I'm working on a couple of animations to improve myself and will share soon. The keying technique I am still a little confused about it. I have seen it before but still don't get it.
Back to top Go down
Tom
Staff
Tom

PostSubject: Re: Adivce and Help and Stuff   Adivce and Help and Stuff I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 11:14 am

The keying technique works as follows:

start with drawing two poses:

- Starting position

- Ending position

Currently, those frames are frame 1 and frame 2 and are called the "Extremes".

By adding a position in between those two positions, you create your first "Key frame".
Let's say for the ease of this explanation, that this keyframe is in the exact middle between the starting and ending position.
This "Key frame" has now become frame 2 on the timeline.

Next, create a new frame in between the first frame ( the starting pose, the first extreme ) and the Key frame you just created.
Now, this frame is frame 2 and your keyframe has become frame 3 on the timeline.
The last position, that extreme, has now become frame 4 on the timeline.

If you understand all of what I just wrote here, simply rinse and repeat these steps untill you are done.

That basically is all there is to the keying technique.
Back to top Go down
GhostTear

GhostTear

PostSubject: Re: Adivce and Help and Stuff   Adivce and Help and Stuff I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 11:31 am

Edyrem: Don't bother quoting Tom's post if it's right above yours.

Yup! I understand everything! I will definitely try this out. Thanks for the tut.
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: Adivce and Help and Stuff   Adivce and Help and Stuff I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 1:06 pm

:( I guess I wasn't thoroughly clear but at least Tom erased any uncertainties you had.

Remember, frame x is one drawing, frame y is another drawing, you insert a blank frame between x and y, and much the same, you draw (usually) the middle pose between those frame x and y.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Adivce and Help and Stuff   Adivce and Help and Stuff I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Adivce and Help and Stuff
Page 1 of 1