Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hotaru stuff

Go down 
+4
Touma
Hitorio
Edyrem
Jones
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Hotaru stuff Empty
PostSubject: Hotaru stuff   Hotaru stuff I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2011 8:55 pm

Hey, I'm back.
I guess it's not really an excuse, but my only reason for not bumming around here more is because I haven't attempted to animate anything in a long time.
Basically, my copy of toonboom (my legit copy) corrupted every single piece of animation I'd ever done in my life. So being as petulant as I am, I deleted the program from my computer and boycotted it for 3 months. I got it working again though, and De8struction/Anubis or whatever you wanna call him has been getting on me about being active here.

ANYWAY
Here. Have some animation.

This is new.
http://www.truploader.com/view/007914
It's a loop of a guy playing faster than humanly possible on a guitar. The guy is actually going to be an anthro cat, which is why the head is round.
I was trying to work with a lower frame rate, uhhhh... oh, and the guitar won't be flat if/when I finish this. Also, the hair won't be in the final.

VVV That was here already VVV
http://www.truploader.com/view/157416

Last edited by Hotaru on Sat May 28, 2011 9:19 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : cause old)
Back to top Go down
Jones

Jones

Hotaru stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hotaru stuff   Hotaru stuff I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2011 9:12 pm

Very good, smooth like silk. Nothing wrong with it imo. Umm, oh yea, the follow through of the legs was perfect.
Back to top Go down

Hotaru stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hotaru stuff   Hotaru stuff I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2011 9:49 pm

The only real problem to me is the body :S it looks like it has flying squirell wings a bit lol
Hotaru stuff 168320_196568653703729_100000517876919_742545_1105027_n

And the head and neck :P

But the legs flow very nicely,Thats also a dead giveaway that you animated Frame by frame :P
Back to top Go down

Hotaru stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hotaru stuff   Hotaru stuff I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 5:07 pm

Is it a dead giveaway that I animated that backwards? Cause I did. :B
Back to top Go down

Hotaru stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hotaru stuff   Hotaru stuff I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 5:09 pm

Not really, I don't think you can tell if someone dose, nor dose it really matter as long as you achieve the desired result.
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

Hotaru stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hotaru stuff   Hotaru stuff I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 6:34 pm

> was about to check out the animation
> read the thread first
> webcam chat screenshot lolwut?
Back to top Go down
Hitorio
Staff
Hitorio

Hotaru stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hotaru stuff   Hotaru stuff I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 6:50 am

The sword twirl. Jazzy.
The feet. Wavy. Lots of frames.
The overall motion: :D

As De8 said, it's obvious that the "straight ahead" frame by frame occured; the resizing gave it away~!

I wonder how your style will evolve in the future...how your endgame self will be.
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

Hotaru stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hotaru stuff   Hotaru stuff I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 1:58 pm

I looked at the animation :P

You are such a fuckin' Zaedokun, personality, animation style and all. You have the fluidity philosophy that he has, but also the resizing weaknesses. I was very comfortable in that place and phasing into the keying method was like trying to breathe with a set of gills after living all your life with lungs. In the end, though, you gain the ability to breathe underwater.

I love yo skillz though, you seem like you're on the same track as me or Zaedokun. ( http://www.truploader.com/view/218999 )
Don't want to sound conceited though ._.
Back to top Go down

Hotaru stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hotaru stuff   Hotaru stuff I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 2:01 pm

If he knew who you or Zae were LOL
Also to be like Zae he would need better drawings.
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

Hotaru stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hotaru stuff   Hotaru stuff I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 2:07 pm

Yeah, his tablet animations have sloppy drawings.

But his regular drawings are much better than Zaedokun's, in my opinion.

Hotaru, scan >Zaedokun's Portfolio< :)

Last edited by Edyrem on Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:09 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

Hotaru stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hotaru stuff   Hotaru stuff I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 2:08 pm

Yeah, Zae wasn't that great of an artist though his drawings were quite bland in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

Hotaru stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hotaru stuff   Hotaru stuff I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 2:12 pm

I guess. I think Zae has great potential, though. He has an awesome foundation to start on.
Animators like Tom or Darkjesus are building that foundation right now.

However, Zaedokun seems to have quit.
Back to top Go down

Hotaru stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hotaru stuff   Hotaru stuff I_icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2011 9:27 pm

http://www.truploader.com/view/007914
Here's a thing. I'm not typing the description again. It's on the first page.
Back to top Go down

Hotaru stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hotaru stuff   Hotaru stuff I_icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2011 9:37 pm

Sexy :D
Back to top Go down
Touma

Touma

Hotaru stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hotaru stuff   Hotaru stuff I_icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 7:48 am

that was awesome love to see finished part of the first one
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

Hotaru stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hotaru stuff   Hotaru stuff I_icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 7:14 pm

haha I like!

Did you animate the guy THEN put the guitar in, or guitar first, or both at once?!
Back to top Go down

Hotaru stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hotaru stuff   Hotaru stuff I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 12:09 am

I animated the guy first, the guitar isn't even really animated, it's just a skewed image. XD
I'm adding some depth for the final version though. Should be done soon.
Back to top Go down

Hotaru stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hotaru stuff   Hotaru stuff I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 12:18 am

I knew It was skewed lol
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

Hotaru stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hotaru stuff   Hotaru stuff I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 2:40 am

Of course it was skewed lol
That's not wrong, though, it's very practical to do on a rough animation.

I'll mention that the head itself is shaped too much like a ball if you ask me.
Back to top Go down

Hotaru stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hotaru stuff   Hotaru stuff I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 2:16 pm

Oh er, I've updated since then, but I guess I didn't mention that the person is a cat. That's why the head is like that.

http://www.truploader.com/view/921620
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

Hotaru stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hotaru stuff   Hotaru stuff I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 5:14 pm

Wow, that looks great dude.
You've made me seriously happy! xD
Back to top Go down

Hotaru stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hotaru stuff   Hotaru stuff I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 1:00 pm

Happy?
Why's that? XD;
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

Hotaru stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hotaru stuff   Hotaru stuff I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 2:15 pm

Are you kidding? You're displaying a pleasantly surprising amount of skill, how can I not be happy when you're posting on Psuda? :D Nothing bad about new talent!

I implore you to draw and post more. You should try TVPaint. I warn you that it's at first intimidating with its confusing & different layout, but I can assure you that if you took the time (like a week) to casually feel it up and learn it, you'll have more than enough experience to use the brushes to draw, and the timeline to animate.

It's an ANIMATING software, that's got the sophistication to let you paint like it's photoshop, or better.
It's got damn near everything, to be honest. I haven't found a lot that it can't do.
Back to top Go down

Hotaru stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hotaru stuff   Hotaru stuff I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 2:22 pm

I want to learn more TVpaint so that I can make a good comparison with Toonboom.
Back to top Go down
Touma

Touma

Hotaru stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hotaru stuff   Hotaru stuff I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 3:01 pm

is TVpaint free? i have seen some good stuff on with that program.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hotaru stuff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hotaru stuff   Hotaru stuff I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hotaru stuff
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next