Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Touma's flash stuff

Go down 
+2
Isaac
Touma
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Touma

Touma

Touma's flash stuff Empty
PostSubject: Touma's flash stuff   Touma's flash stuff I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 8:55 am

well i started fullbody a while ago maybe 3-4 weeks.
So i tried some tests.

made this just now in 5-10 min(thanks for the speedanim idea edyrem)
http://www.truploader.com/view/791044

i also have this one, i finished this one right before newyear.

http://touma1992.deviantart.com/#/d35zai4

made this last week

http://www.fileize.com/view/0794ceee-e18/

i am working on this one atm !

http://www.fileize.com/view/6d33d2c6-40d/

please CnC!

updated

camera angels test 2

http://www.truploader.com/view/843949

Last edited by Touma on Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Isaac

PostSubject: Re: Touma's flash stuff   Touma's flash stuff I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 2:39 pm

I'll start with crits - Your movements seem a little static. You should work on your line consistency. And I see a cartoon style character. Personally, I would recommend working on anatomy and making a more realistic figure. Then if you prefer cartoon styles, go back to that after you've begun to master the anatomically correct figure.

Now for the good things - Over all, it is good looking. The one before new years is the best. I'm very impressed at what you've done in such short time. keep up the great work.
Back to top Go down
Hitorio
Staff
Hitorio

PostSubject: Re: Touma's flash stuff   Touma's flash stuff I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 5:16 pm

In addition to what Darkjesus said, avoid making your rough drafts stick-figure-esque. Have you browsed around our other animation threads? They're full of rough-draft figures that are fleshed out and perfect for cleaning. You seem to have trouble with cleaning those sticks. I lol'd at the "foot" tween.

You do have nice easing. >: ]
I was also impressed by your first one of some guy crashing into a huge rock. It looks like you tweened your animatioon to produce the camera-pan effect, though. Use V-Cam. More efficient.
Also, hold Shift while you resize to keep proportions.
Back to top Go down
Touma

Touma

PostSubject: Re: Touma's flash stuff   Touma's flash stuff I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 3:02 pm

darkjesus wrote:
I'll start with crits - Your movements seem a little static. You should work on your line consistency. And I see a cartoon style character. Personally, I would recommend working on anatomy and making a more realistic figure. Then if you prefer cartoon styles, go back to that after you've begun to master the anatomically correct figure.

Now for the good things - Over all, it is good looking. The one before new years is the best. I'm very impressed at what you've done in such short time. keep up the great work.

Mmmh ic so i should start drawing and animating a realistic figure. do you mean the outline or skeleton because i might need an example or something to help me out. but thanks for the advice.:)

Guess i still have a very very long way to go.
Back to top Go down
spiffy

spiffy

PostSubject: Re: Touma's flash stuff   Touma's flash stuff I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2011 1:29 am

a lot of us do. (lol hi)

i think it's kind of a bad idea to only focus on the outline. you should think of the figure three-dimensionally, imagining actual space being taken up instead of lines. like a sculpture. then when you're drawing it you'll have an easier time translating it to paper than you would if you just took a basic stickman frame and slapped some blocks onto.

you've done pretty good in such a short amount of time.

as for using examples/references, http://posemaniacs.com/ has a ton.
Back to top Go down
http://mcspifferson.tumblr.com/
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: Touma's flash stuff   Touma's flash stuff I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2011 3:53 am

What a pleasure to have a beginner like you :D

First animation - I know you wanted to show the cracks in the cliff wall but they don't stretch that far from such a little guy. And cracks don't grow slowly if it's from one abrupt impact - it will look more realistic if you let the full crack happen within the next frame or so; perhaps have little flakes of rock bits coming off? Either way, you don't get to show that stuff off after you've let the smoke disappear and show the damage :D

Second animation - if this is a polished, complete animation then don't leave notes and labels like "cliff" ... make the clifftop obvious by making the edge rough and detailed, with a vivid sky. Everyone will get it, especially with that next shot you did of the clifftop lol

Third animation - Ah... the famous run cycle... one of the most standard tests for an animator. You need to read the book called The Animator's Survival Kit because most of the book is explaining to you the structure of any cycle IN GREAT DETAIL. I'll send you an ebook of it if you want.
One of the basic bits of advice that the book teaches you, I'll go ahead and tell you right now - the head, waist, elbows and knees all move, and do not stay level. let me know if you want to read the book and find out all the goodies.

Fourth animation - The guys above have stressed the importance of making better rough sketches, and they're absolutely right. But I want to comment on your choreography and camera direction... you need to put your characters more in the middle. For example, when the orange guy is looking up, you didn't actually zoom up to show anything, so why not cover the screen with more of the orange guy's face? You could simply draw it with a bigger size.

I think it's awesome that you're detailing your animations, by the way. :) It's a great thing to practice so you become very good at it by the time you have spent about 2 years animating.

:D I can't wait to see more from you. Always look for ways to get better, or else you wont grow fast. So make sure that's on your mind all the time.
Back to top Go down
Touma

Touma

PostSubject: Re: Touma's flash stuff   Touma's flash stuff I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2011 10:13 am

So i have read when all you were saying about a realistic figure.
Thats why i made a small anim this took my like 30 min to create,
The last one was eureka 7 inspired.

http://www.truploader.com/view/369081

I hope this is what you all of you meant with a realistic posture(layout).
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: Touma's flash stuff   Touma's flash stuff I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2011 7:43 pm

From what I can see, you're quite speedy for such an inexperienced animator, and I like that. You could be very good and fast if you keep it up in your practice.

You might just make it professionally in a few years. :D

Back to top Go down
Touma

Touma

PostSubject: Re: Touma's flash stuff   Touma's flash stuff I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 2:28 pm

i updated it with the camera angle test i kinda rushed the end. and i know i cant draw either
criticism would be great!
Back to top Go down
Jones

Jones

PostSubject: Re: Touma's flash stuff   Touma's flash stuff I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 2:35 pm

Its good, some parts could be a bit smoother. I think the torso was a bit too squarish sometimes. Try to draw the pants a bit better when doing side views. When you animated the part where you just saw the pants and sneakers, the pants looked drawn better(Which made it more satisfying to see).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Touma's flash stuff   Touma's flash stuff I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Touma's flash stuff
Page 1 of 1