Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Battle season, info here!

Go down 
+11
Isaac
Jettzin
Cryvern
Flax
Haitam
Malfunction
SethX
Edyrem
Touma
Hitorio
Tom
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
AuthorMessage
SethX

SethX

Battle season, info here! - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battle season, info here!   Battle season, info here! - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2011 4:01 pm

wait... you guys go pose to pose and draw inbetweens? I just.... animate .
Back to top Go down
Touma

Touma

PostSubject: Re: Battle season, info here!   Battle season, info here! - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2011 4:04 pm

same thing here, btw edy did you make a framemash yet?
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: Battle season, info here!   Battle season, info here! - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2011 4:08 pm

._.

Noobs!

(No I haven't yet xD)
Back to top Go down
Touma

Touma

PostSubject: Re: Battle season, info here!   Battle season, info here! - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2011 4:27 pm

well how about you show these noobs how to do this?
what do you say 8D ?
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: Battle season, info here!   Battle season, info here! - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2011 5:10 pm

Sure. First of all, take a look at this thread I made to explain why keyframing is one of the most important tools an animator can have.
https://psuda.darkbb.com/t21-26-2-10-the-importance-of-technique

But uh... I haven't made a keyframing tutorial. Don't worry though, you can easily youtube or google that for now; it's one of the most commonly taught things so you will have no trouble just searching "how to key animate"
Back to top Go down
Touma

Touma

PostSubject: Re: Battle season, info here!   Battle season, info here! - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2011 5:19 pm

i am watching one of the sakuga vids (where they explain) and show the difference between key animators and in-betweeners.
Doesn't it take more time to do key animation and then in-betweens then doing everything right away?
Back to top Go down
Hitorio
Staff
Hitorio

PostSubject: Re: Battle season, info here!   Battle season, info here! - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2011 7:01 pm

@Every newer mofo on Psuda - I know you're lazy and all, but... browse past threads! Learn stuff from there; we've posted valuable info on miscellaneous shit that will undoubtedly help you at the stage you're at now. Your laze will prevent this, yes, but just know that those time machine-esque resources are there. I strongly recommend browsing if you're looking to improve in any facet of your animation.

...about Keyframing and inbetweening, there are certain times in which using that method is suitably applied, such as realism that don't feature fast, super movements. They work in easing as well. Watch some Sakuga Genga on YouTube and you'll see where people lay out keys.

Also, touma... it could take longer since you're actually being careful enough to be consistent with your lines. ...but then again, if you're completing frames at the same rate, the time may not change much. The important thing is the outcome. Keyframing is the shield that'll save you against the FuckedUpLineContinuity attacks that bombard you along the way.
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: Battle season, info here!   Battle season, info here! - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2011 7:12 pm

On average there isn't any notable difference between the time it takes to key animate then inbetween and the time it takes to loose animate, so don't worry about that.

In keying, you put extra effort in drawing the pictures. In inbetweening, you can almost auto-pilot your hand to fill in the blanks. In loose animating, you're consistently managing the motion, easing, anatomy, and the line cleanliness. Keying lets you manage your thoughts and animate more efficiently on demand.
Back to top Go down
SethX

SethX

PostSubject: Re: Battle season, info here!   Battle season, info here! - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2011 12:58 pm

OH BOY hitorio. i completely understand what you people mean now.... im also SUPER inspired. whenever i was looking for inspiration... i shouldof thought of that scene you posted there. that was my favorite fight in that season. and i usually dont even watch anime, but birdy is one of my favorites.
Back to top Go down
kyrin

kyrin

PostSubject: Re: Battle season, info here!   Battle season, info here! - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 9:29 pm

Battle season, info here! - Page 13 KvKSH1

OH DEAR GOD A SCREENSHOT
Back to top Go down
Hitorio
Staff
Hitorio

PostSubject: Re: Battle season, info here!   Battle season, info here! - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 10:18 pm

(Replied to in other thread)
Also, I'll update (hopefully finally update) the tournament tree when we've got most of the deadlines established.

Also, SethX... anime can be a super valuable chunk of epic for an animator who's looking to sexify his or her (where the hell are the hers?!) skills. Specifically, Sakuga Anime is majorly what I plug into. Check out Sakuga MADs on Youtube. They feature sexellent animation by Japan's elite. There are many where the Birdy Genga came from. >: ]
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: Battle season, info here!   Battle season, info here! - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 12:44 am

Sexy screenshot. Everyone should post little things like this, it's really exciting.
Back to top Go down
SethX

SethX

PostSubject: Re: Battle season, info here!   Battle season, info here! - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 1:07 am

Battle season, info here! - Page 13 Screenieee

its not... a screenie of my tournament battle.... but once i start on my battle ill take a screenshot :D
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: Battle season, info here!   Battle season, info here! - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 6:32 pm

In that case, I'll post some concept art too.

Here's a quick sketch of Creativename's character, and of the environment I'm planning on animating in.

Battle season, info here! - Page 13 A1Yvr

Battle season, info here! - Page 13 8ZfLE
Back to top Go down
SethX

SethX

PostSubject: Re: Battle season, info here!   Battle season, info here! - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 6:50 pm

NICE. the environment looks kinda... like..empty around the edges. unless its on the crest of a really steep mountain?
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: Battle season, info here!   Battle season, info here! - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 7:45 pm

Yeah basically :P

It's going to be really misty.
I'm basing it off of this photo:

Battle season, info here! - Page 13 MQdl8
Back to top Go down
Jettzin

Jettzin

PostSubject: Re: Battle season, info here!   Battle season, info here! - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 8:56 pm

Battle season, info here! - Page 13 Awjph10
fullbody thanks to Edyrem
face by me :D
sorry for the wait :P
Disrict 1
Utilizes rotation in attacks to make in power, but will use straight jabs etc when necessary.
Mixed martial artist, jack of all trades but master of none.
5' 9'' ish
will try to negotiate out of a fight, but will do what he has to do :P

Last edited by Jettzin on Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Isaac

PostSubject: Re: Battle season, info here!   Battle season, info here! - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 8:57 pm

That character concept is reminding me of diablo 3 concepts.

It looks like it will be interesting with your character seeming more melee based, and his being ranged. That place looks more difficult for your character, so i'm sure it will be good.
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: Battle season, info here!   Battle season, info here! - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 9:01 pm

C: Hell yeah brother(s).
Back to top Go down
SethX

SethX

PostSubject: Re: Battle season, info here!   Battle season, info here! - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2011 2:35 am

@ Edyrem , jettzin , darkjesus,
Battle season, info here! - Page 13 Randysavage
Back to top Go down
Hitorio
Staff
Hitorio

PostSubject: Re: Battle season, info here!   Battle season, info here! - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2011 8:53 am

Battle season, info here! - Page 13 IjxvTa
Back to top Go down
Jettzin

Jettzin

PostSubject: Re: Battle season, info here!   Battle season, info here! - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2011 10:23 am

not cool bro
im pretty sure the heir to a CEO
would not do that
theivery maybe, but thats in the storyline :P
Back to top Go down
Hitorio
Staff
Hitorio

PostSubject: Re: Battle season, info here!   Battle season, info here! - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2011 10:54 am

Jettzin wrote:
not cool bro
im pretty sure the heir to a CEO
would not do that
theivery maybe, but thats in the storyline :P

Battle season, info here! - Page 13 Blank-Facepalm

@Edyrem: THAT's what the monster looked like? ...and it breathes fire? KILL IT. NAO. WITH SPRAY. Can it do anything else, like use its legs to scale buildings? Will spray not work?
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: Battle season, info here!   Battle season, info here! - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2011 7:50 pm

lmfao @ the picture
Yeah the monster breathes fire, but also can shoot a sort of beam of it, like a laser, according to this which Creativename gave me:

Battle season, info here! - Page 13 H6bhk

The entire design of this character, according to him, is not really strict, and open to a little bit of variety in the artistic interpretation of his outline. He suggested that it gallops or leaps to get around, which I'm on board with. Personally, I'm planning on making his legs and hooves formidable weapons, full of leaping strength (not building high, but several feet high and probably several more feet far), and fierce biting.

@Jettzin:
What did you interpret from that drawing lol?
Back to top Go down
Jettzin

Jettzin

PostSubject: Re: Battle season, info here!   Battle season, info here! - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2011 8:02 pm

i interpret that devon is some kind of stalker boy
which he isnt
you make one freaking love pic and you get nailed with this
anyways he wouldnt own Astrid stuff or memorabilia
:(
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Battle season, info here!   Battle season, info here! - Page 13 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Battle season, info here!
Page 13 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next