Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Figure Drawing **TEST**

Go down 
+4
Edyrem
Malfunction
Jettzin
Shinitobi
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Shinitobi

Shinitobi

Figure Drawing **TEST** Empty
PostSubject: Figure Drawing **TEST**   Figure Drawing **TEST** I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 14, 2010 4:56 pm

http://www.truploader.com/view/452620

I took Edyrem's advice and did the 30 second (I did 60 seconds each) drawing, I had done figure drawing in course that I took last summer with real models...but I never was good at it. It was pretty refreshing and I will continue practicing like back then. Thanks Edyrem.
Back to top Go down
Jettzin

Jettzin

PostSubject: Re: Figure Drawing **TEST**   Figure Drawing **TEST** I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 14, 2010 5:28 pm

Shinitobi wrote:
http://www.truploader.com/view/452620

I took Edyrem's advice and did the 30 second (I did 60 seconds each) drawing, I had done figure drawing in course that I took last summer with real models...but I never was good at it. It was pretty refreshing and I will continue practicing like back then. Thanks Edyrem.
um no offence but that way of learning usually only helps if you have a slight understanding of body porportions already
i would suggest if you want an anime style then look up how to draw anime and use skelitons and such
thats how i learned and then i used posemaniacs after the slight understanding of porportions :P
good luck to you dude :)
Back to top Go down
Malfunction

Malfunction

PostSubject: Re: Figure Drawing **TEST**   Figure Drawing **TEST** I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 14, 2010 5:34 pm

It helps anyway. In fact, it's probably the best way to learn how to draw: looking at real life or reference material.
My advice is that it definitely helps if you draw the figures based on the SHAPES you can see, rather than just the outline. So draw the body with a series of boxes and circles/ovals.
Back to top Go down
Jettzin

Jettzin

PostSubject: Re: Figure Drawing **TEST**   Figure Drawing **TEST** I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 14, 2010 5:50 pm

Malfunction wrote:
It helps anyway. In fact, it's probably the best way to learn how to draw: looking at real life or reference material.
My advice is that it definitely helps if you draw the figures based on the SHAPES you can see, rather than just the outline. So draw the body with a series of boxes and circles/ovals.
YES BASIC SHAPES
are the key to victory :D
Back to top Go down
Shinitobi

Shinitobi

PostSubject: Re: Figure Drawing **TEST**   Figure Drawing **TEST** I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 14, 2010 6:12 pm

The more you know; the less things that can limit you. So I might as well learn both, to get an understanding.
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: Figure Drawing **TEST**   Figure Drawing **TEST** I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 14, 2010 7:10 pm

Hell yeah dude that's what I'm talking about!
You're definitely on the right track to becoming a fantastic and quick drawer if you keep this up regularly.

In fact I'm gonna start my third session with de8. It's funner with a partner.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Figure Drawing **TEST**   Figure Drawing **TEST** I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 14, 2010 7:57 pm

dude, great job and with body porportioning it just takes a wile to see what is the right size, im still kinda learning it a bit when i use a skeliton i can draw a lot better than free hand (obviously) body porportion is perfect when i have a skeliton but im glad to see that your useing postematics, it relally dose help alot
Back to top Go down
Tom
Staff
Tom

PostSubject: Re: Figure Drawing **TEST**   Figure Drawing **TEST** I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 6:14 am

Moved this topic to the art section.

My general tip for you is to draw what you see, instead of an interpretation of what you are seeing.
It's a common mistake/ habit of people.
Also, as said earlier, draw in shapes, not in outlines.
the reason behind drawing poses in such a short time is to learn to see things the way they are built.
try to realize you are not drawing a 2D thing, everything in this world is 3D, which means that shapes fill a space in more than 2 ways. drawing only the outer lines of what you are seeing will make it look flat, without any mass.
by drawing and looking for shapes in something, you make sure this doesn't happen.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Figure Drawing **TEST**   Figure Drawing **TEST** I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 6:15 am

Tom wrote:
Moved this topic to the art section.

My general tip for you is to draw what you see, instead of an interpretation of what you are seeing.
It's a common mistake/ habit of people.
Also, as said earlier, draw in shapes, not in outlines.
the reason behind drawing poses in such a short time is to learn to see things the way they are built.
try to realize you are not drawing a 2D thing, everything in this world is 3D, which means that shapes fill a space in more than 2 ways. drawing only the outer lines of what you are seeing will make it look flat, without any mass.
by drawing and looking for shapes in something, you make sure this doesn't happen.
Marked as spam*
Back to top Go down
Zero713

Zero713

PostSubject: Re: Figure Drawing **TEST**   Figure Drawing **TEST** I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 6:16 am

good but you take you time to draw :P
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Figure Drawing **TEST**   Figure Drawing **TEST** I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 6:18 am

Zero713 wrote:
good but you take you time to draw :P
"SPEED DRAWING" :O!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! omfgh :rage:
Back to top Go down
Tom
Staff
Tom

PostSubject: Re: Figure Drawing **TEST**   Figure Drawing **TEST** I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 6:19 am

De8struction wrote:
Marked as spam*

What do you mean with this ?
Back to top Go down
Zero713

Zero713

PostSubject: Re: Figure Drawing **TEST**   Figure Drawing **TEST** I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 6:21 am

:rage: yeah im know
"SPEED DRAWING" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! omfgh
but this guy its no ready for speed draw im not ready 2
Back to top Go down
Tom
Staff
Tom

PostSubject: Re: Figure Drawing **TEST**   Figure Drawing **TEST** I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 6:24 am

Zero,

Speed drawing isn't something that's limited to people with a certain amount of skill/ experience.
Everybody learns to crawl before they can walk, speed drawing is a good way to start off, as it will force you to see and draw things in a limited amount of time, therefore forcing you to study your object closely, relatively fast.
If you suck at first, simply keep going and you will improve. Everybody has to start somewhere.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Figure Drawing **TEST**   Figure Drawing **TEST** I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 6:25 am

Zero713 wrote:
:rage: yeah im know
"SPEED DRAWING" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! omfgh
but this guy its no ready for speed draw im not ready 2
yeah anyone is in my opinion because it helps you get better

and Tom it means your a fagot, i would like to see you make something really epic befor you act like a teacher to everyone it gets annoying as fuck -_-

NOTE* I wrote this befor i saw toms post >_> hes still a fagit though.
Back to top Go down
Tom
Staff
Tom

PostSubject: Re: Figure Drawing **TEST**   Figure Drawing **TEST** I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 6:33 am

Let's not start calling other people names in an offensive way.
De8, if you have anything against me, I'd like you to talk to me in a PM or on MSN.

Maybe I haven't been making epic stuff yet, but that doesn't mean that I don't know right from wrong.
Currently I have the theoretic part down, and am developing the practical side of animation. I try to help out people by giving them advice on stuff that I DO have experience in.
I have been drawing for many years now, so I'd like to see myself as experienced enough to help out on things like that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Figure Drawing **TEST**   Figure Drawing **TEST** I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 6:38 am

I can garente ive got more experience than you and i dont go acting like im on hot shit.
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: Figure Drawing **TEST**   Figure Drawing **TEST** I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 6:49 am

-_- de8 at least have some manners when you're talking to someone a whole decade older than you.
Yes, tom is LITERALLY 10 years your senior. Stop talking to him like he's 12. You're mad that he sounds like he knows what he's talking about? Well that's because he's mature and takes animation seriously. You're being WAY out of line to him just because he's not at an elite level of animating yet. But the truth is he's more knowledgeable about animation than you and it's time you started showing him some respect for taking the time to write well thought out, helpful, and intelligent posts.

Right now, de8, you are very much being the asshole here.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Figure Drawing **TEST**   Figure Drawing **TEST** I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 6:56 am

I dont like him >_> i dont care that he's not 'elite' nobody here is 'elite' yet, i just dont like the way he types how he types makes me hate him, its because he sounds liek he knows everything >_> like he has anyroom to tell anybody anything from him being on a shelf above us.
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: Figure Drawing **TEST**   Figure Drawing **TEST** I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 7:00 am

No, he's just trying his best to be clear and helpful. Would you prefer if he talked like an idiot and had no manners?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Figure Drawing **TEST**   Figure Drawing **TEST** I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 7:02 am

No id prefer him to talk like a normal person >_>

Lets make this clear i have noting wrong with WHAT hes saying i agree with him almost all the time its how he says it that annoyer me
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: Figure Drawing **TEST**   Figure Drawing **TEST** I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 7:09 am

:|

I made him mod because he talks and thinks mature.
I didn't make you mod because you have a stupid short temper.

And if you can't deal with the way he talks, that's your problem. It doesn't bother anyone but you. So stop it, you're being such a kid.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Figure Drawing **TEST**   Figure Drawing **TEST** I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 7:10 am

>_> fuck your moods, they can suck a fart outa my ass
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: Figure Drawing **TEST**   Figure Drawing **TEST** I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 7:12 am

You're the moody one here. And if you keep talking to tom like that when he wasn't being rude to anyone, then I'm going to temp ban you.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Figure Drawing **TEST**   Figure Drawing **TEST** I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 7:13 am

Fuck that I'm nobody's lap dog.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Figure Drawing **TEST**   Figure Drawing **TEST** I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Figure Drawing **TEST**
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next