Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

WHEN THE SITE IS DONE

Go down 
+2
Haitam
Edyrem
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

WHEN THE SITE IS DONE Empty
PostSubject: WHEN THE SITE IS DONE   WHEN THE SITE IS DONE I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 10:09 pm

Ok so like, we got the site a .com
we need to finish the site

but also as a side project we should also work on a add for psuda, i would post it on my youtube channle and moh probubly would to but we neeed EIC animations, everyone has t be in it who is active, so maybe we can make it a callab deal
or we can make a psuda.com callab and that would adveratize it enugh too :P either way it should be done when psuda is done ;D

JUSt an idea
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: WHEN THE SITE IS DONE   WHEN THE SITE IS DONE I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 25, 2010 4:36 am

Actually, you're not wrong to think about that. I've been thinking about starting a collab to promote Psuda and it's community's skill, but that requires lots of contribution and team ethics by everyone involved.

When I made a couple threads that require just a little bit of that, there was still very little of that team mindset shown by the community, so my hopes of having 6+ animators on this are not very supported.
Back to top Go down
Haitam

Haitam

PostSubject: Re: WHEN THE SITE IS DONE   WHEN THE SITE IS DONE I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 25, 2010 4:49 am

I'm deffinitly in if there is a collab going on .
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: WHEN THE SITE IS DONE   WHEN THE SITE IS DONE I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 25, 2010 4:59 am

:O
This makes me happy.

Actually... if we can just get the dedication of about 4 - 5 animators we can start one hell of a project.
I say, everyone who wants to be part of this potential collab, and is ready to commit himself to perhaps a dozen or more hours of animating, get your spot here, because we want you.

I'm in, G-war's in, ..., etc.
Back to top Go down
Tom
Staff
Tom

PostSubject: Re: WHEN THE SITE IS DONE   WHEN THE SITE IS DONE I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 25, 2010 5:18 am

Edyrem, we spoke about something like this a while ago, so obviously, count me in!
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: WHEN THE SITE IS DONE   WHEN THE SITE IS DONE I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 25, 2010 5:33 am

I know :P I was letting you say it yourself.
Back to top Go down
Tom
Staff
Tom

PostSubject: Re: WHEN THE SITE IS DONE   WHEN THE SITE IS DONE I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 25, 2010 5:37 am

Lol thanks, now we have to decide on what its gonna be and how we're going to do it! Assuming Hitorio's in as well!
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: WHEN THE SITE IS DONE   WHEN THE SITE IS DONE I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 25, 2010 5:59 am

Yeah I'm assuming he's in, too. Hope he ain't buzzay.
Yeah we have to think about that stuff... we could do an epic Myriad Cell fight like the one we're doing in the storyboard thread, and just use that as an opportunity to promote Psuda when we publish it to newgrounds and such.
Back to top Go down
Tom
Staff
Tom

PostSubject: Re: WHEN THE SITE IS DONE   WHEN THE SITE IS DONE I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 25, 2010 6:17 am

Sounds good to me, but we gotta do it properly, divide the roles, design backgrounds and effects and all that stuff as well
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: WHEN THE SITE IS DONE   WHEN THE SITE IS DONE I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 25, 2010 7:38 am

Oh, definitely agreed.

I'm thinking so far that Hitorio and I should storyboard it (assuming he's good to go for this project), but how the roles should be split between us is still a little mysterious to me, but here's a list of roles and how many people should be on them, right off the top of my head. It's all just slapped together so it's not like what I said here / how many people per job is final.

Background design
Tom
Edyrem
???

Background drawing /coloring
Tom
???

Animated background material
Edyrem
Tom
???

Animated background coloring/shading
Edyrem
Tom
???

Effects
Edyrem
???

Character keys/animatic
Edyrem
Hitorio
???

Character In-betweens
G-war
Tom
Edyrem
De8
Hitorio

Character cleaning

G-war
???

Character coloring/shading
G-war
Edyrem
???

I find it difficult to allocate it fairly, and I don't want to volunteer for everything because I'd be hogging it all and defeating the point of teamwork. Even though I consider myself the leader/supervisor in this project, I can't be too controlling of how everything is animated.

/Edit1: Added G-war and Tom's suggestions and spots. Remember to say what spots you REALLY REALLY want, because if nobody takes them, then I have to pick up the slack! T_T

Last edited by Edyrem on Sat Dec 25, 2010 12:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tom
Staff
Tom

PostSubject: Re: WHEN THE SITE IS DONE   WHEN THE SITE IS DONE I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 25, 2010 8:17 am

i an willing to do backgrounds an inbetweens and cleaning as i have a cintiq i aan probably provide the cleanest lines. Edyrem, i disagree with having only you as leader/supervisor. We have to have a leader/supervisor per subject, one for keys/storyboard, one for backgrounds, one for cleaning/coloring. That way every part of this project has a constant quality control
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WHEN THE SITE IS DONE   WHEN THE SITE IS DONE I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 25, 2010 8:24 am

I definitely want to be in:)
Back to top Go down
Haitam

Haitam

PostSubject: Re: WHEN THE SITE IS DONE   WHEN THE SITE IS DONE I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 25, 2010 8:49 am

I'm in for cleaning as well as coloring/shading .
as this is a process that requires the keys and everything to be done first,I can help out with in betweens (<-- I think everyone can help out with inbetweens).
i'm also fine with other spots as long as it ain't background design because I suck at it.
Back to top Go down
Tom
Staff
Tom

PostSubject: Re: WHEN THE SITE IS DONE   WHEN THE SITE IS DONE I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 25, 2010 9:26 am

i agree! Everybody should help with inbetweens, but we do have to have one or two people leading that process to get a constant quality
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: WHEN THE SITE IS DONE   WHEN THE SITE IS DONE I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 25, 2010 12:42 pm

I like the idea of all of us inbetweening, that would speed things up really well.

Though we gotta learn a little signal system so we can follow the easing instructions shown in the keys, so that we don't have an animation with fucked up easing that has a mind of its own.

Tom, are you sure there should be a leader for everything? I remember when I visited an animation studio, they had certain animators, and the ones I remember were 'Lead Animator' and 'Supervising Animator'. The supervising animator was the boss, and I got to spend the day with the lead animator.
I'm open to this leader-for-each-section idea, but I'm just trying to make us like a real studio.

We'd love to have you, De8! lol we've already got 5, if we count Hitorio.

Editing the list.
Edited.
Back to top Go down
Tom
Staff
Tom

PostSubject: Re: WHEN THE SITE IS DONE   WHEN THE SITE IS DONE I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 25, 2010 1:20 pm

there should imo be leaders for the following general categories:

-Background
- Cleaning
- Spacing and timing ( the overall feel )

Then there's the main person in charge separately.
So you have a director and every "department" has its own teamleader.

This teamleader basically ensures the quality of what is produced remains consistent.
for spacing and timing, that person will most likely also be the director, who will decide upon keyframes and the inbetweens although the inbetweens should be controlled by ALL keyframers, as they have in mind how their specific keyframed part should move.

Edyrem, I think the teamleader in my explanation is a bit like the lead animator, but in a slightly different way.
I agree with the signalling system, we might want to start using the standard animation timing way ,showing like a little timeline. the spacing of the vertical lines on that timeline show how close ( spacing ) the images should be together.

I will look up something to show what I have in mind, just to make sure everybody understands properly
Back to top Go down
Hitorio
Staff
Hitorio

PostSubject: Re: WHEN THE SITE IS DONE   WHEN THE SITE IS DONE I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 25, 2010 2:10 pm

I'll be getting back to school in a week, I won't be in. In this week I've got to combine homework and P:E. That alone will be tough, seeing as I won't be home alone for a long time. Parent. Chawes. I feel as if I am capable of the task, but I am not up to it. I feel as if doing this will be me biting off more than I can chew within the timeframe that's being faced in the present.
...then again, there is a small chance that that could change if the timing for the project is right. Who knows?
Back to top Go down
Tom
Staff
Tom

PostSubject: Re: WHEN THE SITE IS DONE   WHEN THE SITE IS DONE I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 25, 2010 2:14 pm

I dont see us getting this done in a few months so what timeframe do you expect to have more time available?
Back to top Go down
Hitorio
Staff
Hitorio

PostSubject: Re: WHEN THE SITE IS DONE   WHEN THE SITE IS DONE I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 25, 2010 2:16 pm

...I don't expect anything. Maybe if I get my grades up to acceptable standards, adopt a workflow that allows for moderate production in all facets, and the project starts when I'm on one of my two-week skewl breaks, this can happen. *thumbs*
Back to top Go down
Tom
Staff
Tom

PostSubject: Re: WHEN THE SITE IS DONE   WHEN THE SITE IS DONE I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 25, 2010 2:27 pm

what do they consider acceptable? if I can help with anything, let me know!

also, a lot of the project can be done already without you involved, so you can join in the fun whenever you are ready
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: WHEN THE SITE IS DONE   WHEN THE SITE IS DONE I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 25, 2010 2:30 pm

Good section concepts, tom.

Spacing and timing, though? Probably better if we have:
"Character Movement"
"Character Cleaning"
"Backgrounds"
"Effects"

But character movement can have more than one leader, because there's more than one character to focus on. I noticed in movies that there's an animator who works on certain characters. In any case, I'm doing the keys for one of the characters, but perhaps Hitorio should do most of the keying. I'll help with the storyboard; we all can work on that.

Personally, I want to be in charge of the effects. That is, stuff like rubble and smoke animations, fire, water, ground crumbling, fire, special effects, etc.

The backgrounds guy (tom?) will draw the backgrounds. In scenes where it's necessary to do some kind of camera turn and the background requires to be animated, that's either on him or him and someone else.

The cleaning guy should be G-war. I don't mind supporting but he's in control of that. I also don't mind detailing the rough animations / polishing the anatomy if needed.

If De8 wants, he can do a lot of inbing... but, since he doesn't like taking orders, he might have a mind of his own and not want to do the inbs as instructed in the signals... although, he's getting mature, and I would trust him with this.

Still, all of us will donate some time to inb'ing :P that stuff is where the heart of the animation is!

For the record, we'll do this in flash at 24 fps.
What flash version does everyone have? We need to make sure it's all the same version.

Also, I think the world of the animation should be the metropolis of Psuda! And we'll make, like, an Eva Cell or two coming in and invading, and our Myriad Cells will rise to the challenge.

And this needs to be a music video. It NEEDS to be in sync with a song, because that is just so epic.
My soundtrack suggestion is:

What do you guys agree and disagree with on this post?

/e: FUCK! I just read Hitorio's posts. I was worried about that... any chance you can put P:E on the shelf for this team project?
Back to top Go down
Tom
Staff
Tom

PostSubject: Re: WHEN THE SITE IS DONE   WHEN THE SITE IS DONE I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 25, 2010 2:44 pm

As Hitorio won't have much time, I recommend you taking the lead role in that part.

I also recommend the person keying a character being the one in charge of what happens with it next. the lead animator for that character knows how he planned things, so it's best for that person to take charge at that moment.
Edyrem, I agree with you taking the Effects part upon yourself, and I would gladly help you out with designing some of the effects if you would like me to.

also, for the backgrounds, I was thinking about creating a panorama background
which people can pan and zoom all they like, that way you get a 360 overview of the area and would be more fun to animate in perhaps (?)

I need someone else to help design the backgrounds at first, laying down the REALLY rough outlines for the background.
I'd preferably have one of the key animators for this as they already have a grasp of how they want their characters to move around/ interact with the backgrounds.

Also, for the soundtrack, I was thinking we should have something more orchestrated than your idea, even though I really dig it as well, it might not be suited for this purpose.
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: WHEN THE SITE IS DONE   WHEN THE SITE IS DONE I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 25, 2010 2:52 pm

Okay, I guess I'll handle the keying and effects for the most part, meanwhile letting G-war and de8struction take part in some of the keying, while them doing most of the inbs as you and I take part in some of that.

G-war will do most of cleans, while we all take part in some of that.

Yeah, panorama backgrounds for sure. But there are times where you can't use them like, for instance, turning the camera around a corner, or moving past lots of objects in a cool distorted way.

Ah, maybe you're right about the soundtrack... we'll have to find something with that energy, but a little more orchestral. *cough* Hitorio * cough*

Definitely going to put sound effects in this, btw.
Oh, and I have another possible take on the plot. Maybe it's a bunch of animators who discover pencils and they create a whimsical world called Psuda!!!
Back to top Go down
Tom
Staff
Tom

PostSubject: Re: WHEN THE SITE IS DONE   WHEN THE SITE IS DONE I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 25, 2010 3:01 pm

And how will you portray that world? we need something that blows people away, like Gainax did with their intro shown elsewhere on psuda.

Also, about for example a dash with distortion into some where further back in the background, those scenes will have separate background with a lot of layers probably.

In order to do the cleaning process properly, all characters MUST have a charactersheet!! that way everybody can help properly, and we won't have trouble keeping consistent quality..

Also, keying can only be done according to the storyboard, so people HAVE to stick to that storyboard, I know everybody likes to do their own thing here, but if de8 and G-war are going to do parts of the keying with you being the lead animator, and they're mostly substituting for Hitorio, I want you to be strict about them keeping up with the storyboard.

You were thinking the same thing as me when it came to the alternative music choice, HITORIOOOOOOO!!
Show your taste!

Sound effects are a must for this project, therefore we need to go and look for ones that arent used a shitload of times, or perhaps even make them ourselves if we can figure a way to do this decently.
Maybe we can ask Pepper on FA about how he goes about creating his effects.

get your ass on msn to talk about this bro!

Back to top Go down
Hitorio
Staff
Hitorio

PostSubject: Re: WHEN THE SITE IS DONE   WHEN THE SITE IS DONE I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 25, 2010 3:21 pm

P:E on the shelf? I could squeeze it to the side (though I'm getting so tired of my slow progress throughout 2010; I did more in 2009 and will do more in 2011). I am storyboarding it, so it won't be as demanding as this project. It depends on what happens. P:E isn't the only issue, though. If the project happens while school is in session for me, the chances on me working on it is veeeery low. :( [cry emoticon]

My thoughts are that there are animators alloted to scenes and not characters. If there is a cut in which they are all on the screen at once,(and if this involves awesome teamwork, there should be) this could be messy. I think that we should all overview the storyboard and simply consult the animation director/s. Edyrem, please remember not to let your own tastes shit on someone else with a vastly different style... :P Try to judge objectively, please. Of course I have confidence in your ability to direct, but I just wanna throw that out there to let everyone become conscious of this.
I'll try to work with everyone in producing a storyboard that fits many styles with all the details needed for the animators...those crucial notes. Storyboards aren't really as word-less as comics.

I disagree with the panorama background because I honestly really cannot see one of those being used in a cinematic animation. What about our angles and schitt? Personally, in one of my animations, I'd rarely, if ever, use one.

I suggest that we not decide upon the song until the actual storyline is strongly laid down and carved. We don't want to have an unfittiing song. If there is a slow beginning and a strong finish, the song'll suit that. If it's dream-like and abstract, the song'll suit that. If there is nonstop action from beginning to end, the song'll suit that. I agree on the orchestral idea, though. It's basically the archetype for climactic BGMs.

As for the storyline, Make a new thread for the ideas, then draw in votes. If that doesn't work, randomly select. :P
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WHEN THE SITE IS DONE   WHEN THE SITE IS DONE I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WHEN THE SITE IS DONE
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next