Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

WHEN THE SITE IS DONE

Go down 
+2
Haitam
Edyrem
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Tom
Staff
Tom

WHEN THE SITE IS DONE - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: WHEN THE SITE IS DONE   WHEN THE SITE IS DONE - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 25, 2010 3:32 pm

Animators for scenes instead of characters, sounds good, better than per character for your stated reasons, yeah.

If you feel you don't want to put too much P:E time away for this Psuda project, that's completely understandable, don't feel bad about choosing for your own project.

Your statement about taste influencing opinion is REALLY important.
I'm a completely different animator than Hitorio is, but that doesn't mean my animations suck ballz for that reason.
this topic specifically was my reason of introducing multiple people for quality control. having more than one person involved in that process ensures an objective perspective on animated stuff.

About the backgrounds, Obviously Panoramic backgrounds don't suit every scene, but if there's a longer part that only requires one point of view, the panoramic background is very suitable.
I will create specific backgrounds if there is a need for it in that specific scene.

the animators can work with the outlined background to key/inbetween while I work on the background for that scene in full color.

Also, for the final animation, we're going to have to edit it with stuff like color correction etc.
there should be 2 people doing that. but we'll get to that when the project nears the finish line.

Maybe its time to have a new Project subforum Edyrem
so all posts and topics related to this subject can be found in that subforum.

Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: WHEN THE SITE IS DONE   WHEN THE SITE IS DONE - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 25, 2010 4:19 pm

Thanks for the advice, Hitorio. It'll be a lot easier to give room for different styles if we DID leave individual scenes to different people. Since we're not Disney, we don't have a strict standard on the style, so we might not seam very well if one character animated by me was fighting a character animated by Hitorio. Sure would be fun and interesting, but not all the time for serious cinematics.

This separate scene method is definitely prudent.

James, I just meant temporarily putting it on pause / minimalizing effort in it while maximizing effort in this Psuda project. I definitely wouldn't want you to just drop P:E xD !

Well, if we're going to have sound effects, I guess it's not as important to sync the action with the soundtrack to the same microscopic degree as we would with a pure music animation, so we don't have to find the song before the animation in this case. :P Plus, we can edit and truncate the song to better suit the animation.

Tom, character sheets are SUCH a valuable idea :O I can't believe it slipped my mind!
For sound effects, I'll ask Pepper. <3 He's the man!

Quote :
Also, keying can only be done according to the storyboard, so people HAVE to stick to that storyboard, I know everybody likes to do their own thing here, but if de8 and G-war are going to do parts of the keying with you being the lead animator, and they're mostly substituting for Hitorio, I want you to be strict about them keeping up with the storyboard.

Hear that, fellas!? I'm gonna whip you like slaves if you fuck up! :P

Tom, be sure to do inbs with the other guys. Let's not waste this training opportunity.

Also, do you use photoshop a lot? Get used to digi-painting so we can get that professional atmosphere. I can totally help you whip up into shape for this.

And I guess Hitorio shouldn't really do any inb-ing since he feels pressed for time... not to baby him, but he will only need to do a little keying to for Psuda to be satisfied with him! We'll consider you a guest contributor, so that you don't feel pressured by us.
Back to top Go down
Hitorio
Staff
Hitorio

PostSubject: Re: WHEN THE SITE IS DONE   WHEN THE SITE IS DONE - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 25, 2010 4:31 pm

Edyrem wrote:

James, I just meant temporarily putting it on pause / minimalizing effort in it while maximizing effort in this Psuda project. I definitely wouldn't want you to just drop P:E xD !
I knew dat; I just phrased my statement shittily. :innocent:

Edyrem wrote:

Hear that, fellas!? I'm gonna whip you like slaves if you fuck up! :P
This by itself is lawl-worthy and sig-worthy. xD

Edyrem wrote:
And I guess Hitorio shouldn't really do any inb-ing since he feels pressed for time... not to baby him, but he will only need to do a little keying to for Psuda to be satisfied with him! We'll consider you a guest contributor, so that you don't feel pressured by us.

...damn. This feels like a mutual let-down. If I wanna really do something on this project, I'm gonna have to not waste any time at school or at home. I shall try to be part of the action when the project beginsh. *clenches fist; balls are crushed into a powdery substance*

Sub-Forum! Go!

Why are De8's threads producing so much manliness all of a sudden? cool
Back to top Go down
Tom
Staff
Tom

PostSubject: Re: WHEN THE SITE IS DONE   WHEN THE SITE IS DONE - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 25, 2010 4:33 pm

I want to do my thing with the inbetweens, I think I have my timing and spacing down quite well for the fluid stuff and for the more action-y stuff, i follow your strict guidelines..
I actually started digitally painting stuff quite recently, but I am going to focus on that a lot now I have my role as BG creator.

and no, no inbetweening for hitorio, as he has a lot on his mnd already!
KEEP THE IDEAS COMING GUYS!
any advice s welcome
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: WHEN THE SITE IS DONE   WHEN THE SITE IS DONE - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 25, 2010 5:00 pm

FFFFFF- my reply disappeared. Shit. I'll paraphrase.

@TOM: At least stay according to plan 9/10 of the time. This is a really sensitive process.
I also want to have a painting session with you to help you feel a certain style for this.

@HITORIO: <Insert detailed award acceptance speech at the signature comment>
De8's threads are rather rugged and unprofessional with the manner in which they open an important subject, but I would've procrastinated in my professional thread. De8 has been THE MAN lately!
Back to top Go down
Tom
Staff
Tom

PostSubject: Re: WHEN THE SITE IS DONE   WHEN THE SITE IS DONE - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 25, 2010 5:15 pm

ofcourse I stay according to plan, but I hope you guys are open to my ideas if i disagree with certain timing/ spacing?

Painting session, sign me up!
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: WHEN THE SITE IS DONE   WHEN THE SITE IS DONE - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 25, 2010 5:22 pm

Yeah, I respect you enough to hear you out on stuff like that. But I'd definitely feel like the balance will be destroyed and I'd get paranoid about the continuity of my animation and that it wont go as I planned, and worry like crazy about it changing the entire motion's meaning, and I'd insist that you try my way as well and compare them.

BUT REMEMBAH THOUGH, I'm more adept at this than you currently are, so you might be surprised at the result of certain easings I direct you to do. But I can imagine you trying another way of easing and making it look better. This will always end well, because everyone gets to learn :D !

Painting session it is! When I get photoshop back.
Back to top Go down
Tom
Staff
Tom

PostSubject: Re: WHEN THE SITE IS DONE   WHEN THE SITE IS DONE - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 25, 2010 5:27 pm

ofcourse I wont discuss my idea with you without trying it out my way, and i will probably accept the fact that for a lot of scenes, you have a certain style in mind, a certain flow which I wll not tamper with, so dont worry about that :p
you are the director, I have faith in your decisions, but when it comes to fluid movement, I think I have a good feel of proper movement so I will discuss those moments with you when I have them.
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: WHEN THE SITE IS DONE   WHEN THE SITE IS DONE - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 25, 2010 5:40 pm

Awesome :)

I'd love for you to experiment with minor stuff though. That gives you so much experience, and even if it doesn't turn out the best, it's worth it as long as you indulged in it and learned just a little bit each time.
Back to top Go down
Tom
Staff
Tom

PostSubject: Re: WHEN THE SITE IS DONE   WHEN THE SITE IS DONE - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 25, 2010 5:48 pm

exacfly!
I am devoting practically all my free time to animation currently, and am hoping to get a HUUUUGE amount of experience out of this project, so I want to see as much of the process as possible, looking over the shoulders of the guys in other parts of this project as well.
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: WHEN THE SITE IS DONE   WHEN THE SITE IS DONE - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 25, 2010 5:51 pm

Sounds great. I guess now we design the plot and characters.
Back to top Go down
Tom
Staff
Tom

PostSubject: Re: WHEN THE SITE IS DONE   WHEN THE SITE IS DONE - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 25, 2010 5:52 pm

yes.
lets create a new topic for those, though, characters and story, separate topics. keep things organized.
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: WHEN THE SITE IS DONE   WHEN THE SITE IS DONE - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 25, 2010 5:53 pm

Okay. I'm a little reluctant to do this in a public forum. Maybe I should make it restricted to certain people.
Back to top Go down
Tom
Staff
Tom

PostSubject: Re: WHEN THE SITE IS DONE   WHEN THE SITE IS DONE - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 25, 2010 5:54 pm

yeah that was my next point, lol. give access to involved forum members and we're good to go.
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: WHEN THE SITE IS DONE   WHEN THE SITE IS DONE - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 25, 2010 6:01 pm

Basically, I think it should be available to anyone who reaches a point where they're serious posters. Post count requirement to view it might be an idea, but there should be more to it than post count.
Back to top Go down
Tom
Staff
Tom

PostSubject: Re: WHEN THE SITE IS DONE   WHEN THE SITE IS DONE - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 25, 2010 6:02 pm

well maybe its fun to keep it like a backroom, only showing stuff when we want to inform psudans not having access to this part.. to keep it sort of a mystery
Back to top Go down
Kuuzai

Kuuzai

PostSubject: Re: WHEN THE SITE IS DONE   WHEN THE SITE IS DONE - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 25, 2010 6:12 pm

I can make the visual effects of the ad in after effects and make it all the more reckless xD I would volunteer in the core animating but im still just in some beginning stages lol.
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: WHEN THE SITE IS DONE   WHEN THE SITE IS DONE - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 25, 2010 6:27 pm

Very good, Tom.

Kuuzai, God bless you for volunteering, but your skill level at the moment isn't appropriate for this grand project. I mean this in the least offensive manner possible, and I pray that you're not discouraged by this in any way. You just need more time growing your skills before we can involve you in stuff that represents US.

Good to see you again, by the way. :)
Back to top Go down
Kuuzai

Kuuzai

PostSubject: Re: WHEN THE SITE IS DONE   WHEN THE SITE IS DONE - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 25, 2010 6:31 pm

Lol I know my skill level is no where near you guys but i mean i think i have enough skill to make a pimpin title. Here like i made an ad for a f forum before but that was awhile ago and im tons better ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkmsWtPSLLs

I dont know the rules and stuff bout links, hope im not spamming but i made it :P
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: WHEN THE SITE IS DONE   WHEN THE SITE IS DONE - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 25, 2010 6:40 pm

Ah, video editing :)

I honestly appreciate that you're earnest and want to contribute, but there's really not much for you to do in this particular film for now. It's nothing personal, we just don't need any video editing, but there's plenty of fun stuff to do here like reading the threads and contributing to games. Just don't let it get you down that you're not in this project, okay? <:)
Back to top Go down
Kuuzai

Kuuzai

PostSubject: Re: WHEN THE SITE IS DONE   WHEN THE SITE IS DONE - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 25, 2010 6:43 pm

kk (: but if you need any video editing i got you guys ;b To be honest i am on psuda like three times a day reading your advice to others trying to improve my own work. Haha im mostly to lazy to post. Anyway yeah its cool hopefully I can get enough experience in to maybe be in on something next time =D
Back to top Go down
Tom
Staff
Tom

PostSubject: Re: WHEN THE SITE IS DONE   WHEN THE SITE IS DONE - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 25, 2010 6:46 pm

Kuuzai, Currently the Psudans involved in this project are the most experienced and active members on Psuda.
We really do appreciate your proposal to help us advertise this project but are currently not looking for promotion as this is a long term project and we're focussing on the animation and design part so far.
I recommend you to keep workng as hard as the team is doing that is now involved in this project, for that, my friend is what defines a true Psudan. show your love for animation by working hard and catching up ! Psuda is all about helping eachother grow as animators!
Keep it up!
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: WHEN THE SITE IS DONE   WHEN THE SITE IS DONE - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 25, 2010 6:47 pm

Wow, that is so gratifying to know, man. <3 Really makes me happy.

Hitorio! Tom! You see that?! Someone reads our threads! LOL advice is being absorbed!
It wasn't a waste!

cool Kuuzai, you are a kuul gai.
Time for me to sleep now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WHEN THE SITE IS DONE   WHEN THE SITE IS DONE - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 25, 2010 7:24 pm

He's my student :)
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: WHEN THE SITE IS DONE   WHEN THE SITE IS DONE - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2010 5:28 am

Right on, De8. :D Teach him everything you know.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WHEN THE SITE IS DONE   WHEN THE SITE IS DONE - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WHEN THE SITE IS DONE
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next