Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Psuda mascot

Go down 
+10
Jones
0lelouch0
Bax3r
Jettzin
Malfunction
Duo
Isaac
Tom
Edyrem
Hitorio
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Tom
Staff
Tom

Psuda mascot - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Psuda mascot   Psuda mascot - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 3:22 am

Oh man you really gotta scrap that stuff around his waist and integrate the heart into a belt of some sort.. now it looks like a glowing vagina that is just displaced on the body..
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: Psuda mascot   Psuda mascot - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 4:37 am

HAHAHA wow. Yeah I was SO pulling that one out of my ass.
Back to top Go down
Jettzin

Jettzin

PostSubject: Re: Psuda mascot   Psuda mascot - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 3:17 pm

or out of his/her lava lamp whole edyrem :P
Back to top Go down
Tom
Staff
Tom

PostSubject: Re: Psuda mascot   Psuda mascot - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 7:55 pm

I wouldnt do that, the lamp as a belt buckle is an interesting take on the lavalamp on his chest we had earlier. people like to see easy-to-recognize stuff and re-ocurring items on an outfit.
Back to top Go down
0lelouch0

0lelouch0

PostSubject: Re: Psuda mascot   Psuda mascot - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 4:38 am

Personally I like the rough sketches you had in the previous page.
I think it'll be good to keep the mascot quite simple, not too many lines. Then Psuda animators can use him in ... promotional animations? i don't know. But it'll be fun to have a character that people can just animate when they've run out of ideas!
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: Psuda mascot   Psuda mascot - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 5:38 am

Quote :
a character that people can just animate when they've run out of ideas!

Although Psuda must encourage creativity, I like the sound of that!

A little development:

Psuda mascot - Page 6 Q6wter1g2_untitled

Your critiques, likes, dislikes, inspiring ideas, etc.
Back to top Go down
Tom
Staff
Tom

PostSubject: Re: Psuda mascot   Psuda mascot - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 4:15 pm

the thing that goes around the front to the back looks like its a safety belt like oe of those traffic control people wear.. lol

boots are good, i like those, hoove shaped feet will be easy to use, so that sounds good too.. we just gotta work on the torso area for the outfit..
Back to top Go down
Hitorio
Staff
Hitorio

PostSubject: Re: Psuda mascot   Psuda mascot - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 4:21 pm

I agree with Tom on the belt's strange strap. *makes neck-slicing movement to indicate that the belt design should be destroyed*

Tom, it appears that you factor in "easy/convenient to animate" as one of the major aspects of your judgments. I know what things that are easy to animate are more universal and efficient, but I'd lean less towards that and approach with more of a "If the item enhances his essence, it matters not what measures must be taken to animate it." If someone has a complicated-looking machine gun that is his recognizable and powerful symbol, I'd have no problem with animating it.
Back to top Go down
Tom
Staff
Tom

PostSubject: Re: Psuda mascot   Psuda mascot - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 4:25 pm

do you know what it is that makes those iconic characters so Iconic? their simplicity. no fancy schtuff needed to impress f the character itself is appealing. I know im factoring in animation-ease, but it should be a combination of interesting to look at and how it will be to animate the character.
Back to top Go down
Hitorio
Staff
Hitorio

PostSubject: Re: Psuda mascot   Psuda mascot - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 4:48 pm

It depends on the person, I believe. Some simple iconic chars don't really have simple designs. Sometimes people just want to add some more creative twists to them and say "Let's throw this great-looking device into the mix."
Back to top Go down
Tom
Staff
Tom

PostSubject: Re: Psuda mascot   Psuda mascot - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 4:49 pm

true, I agree with that, it shouldnt be too boring, but we have to think about animatability when we put something on the character.. agreed?
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: Psuda mascot   Psuda mascot - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 5:08 pm

Let's do something that can be recognized when animated with basic anatomy, but will always have those extra anatomic and design details for the inquisitive artist looking to tribute the fuck out of this mascot. Agreed? :)
Back to top Go down
Tom
Staff
Tom

PostSubject: Re: Psuda mascot   Psuda mascot - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 9:18 am

Lose the strap to his neck, make it a belt and then give the character gloves to match the boots and I think we got ourselves a mascot?
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: Psuda mascot   Psuda mascot - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 12:02 pm

Hey, that might work... just leave his suit empty except with a belt? Ah fuck but that seems blank....
Back to top Go down
Tom
Staff
Tom

PostSubject: Re: Psuda mascot   Psuda mascot - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 12:04 pm

Colors/ patterns to spice it up to get rid of that blank-problem.
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: Psuda mascot   Psuda mascot - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 5:32 am

Psuda mascot - Page 6 Cq63engy2_untitlEd
Back to top Go down
Jones

Jones

PostSubject: Re: Psuda mascot   Psuda mascot - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 10:44 am

I like what You drew up thataway^^ but lets make sure its nothing too complicated, so if others wana animate him.

Green and black are cool colors, but From the Psuda sign maybe light blue and black?
Back to top Go down
Tom
Staff
Tom

PostSubject: Re: Psuda mascot   Psuda mascot - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 11:04 am

like mr Jones said, we cant make a pattern thats too complicated.
It also needs to flow and add to the already existing parts of the outfit like the boots.. cant look too crowded.
colors should be the colors used in the psuda logo, or something like light blue and black.. something that Pops.
Back to top Go down
Jones

Jones

PostSubject: Re: Psuda mascot   Psuda mascot - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 5:06 pm

Nothing Spec, kinda simple

http://filebox.me/files/jixfi637w_Pmascot.gif

Variation?

http://filebox.me/files/60w8hp38r_Pmascot2.gif

Btw: Easier way to upload gifs or pics?

I know the Letters should be a bit different because of surface changes on the body, but w/e

Back to top Go down
Tom
Staff
Tom

PostSubject: Re: Psuda mascot   Psuda mascot - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 4:52 pm

If I'd had to choose, it would be for the first one, its simple but easy to recognize once people know what Psuda is.

I dont know how crowded we should make the outfit and the print.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Psuda mascot   Psuda mascot - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 4:58 pm

It looks like that outfit hale wore in an episode of malcom in the middle
Back to top Go down
Tom
Staff
Tom

PostSubject: Re: Psuda mascot   Psuda mascot - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 5:02 pm

link or pics?
I have no idea what you are talking about..
Back to top Go down
Jones

Jones

PostSubject: Re: Psuda mascot   Psuda mascot - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 5:06 pm

Same..
Oh and I was thinking maybe he could have the letter P on gloves too.

Or The letters that make up psuda on different parts.
P on the helm
S on both gloves
U on the chest
D on boots
A on the back of boots or shoes.
But that would kinda get boring. Although, on the other hand it wouldnt take to much time.

??
Back to top Go down
Tom
Staff
Tom

PostSubject: Re: Psuda mascot   Psuda mascot - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 5:09 pm

I think if we spread it throughout his body people won't make the connection.. it will you look like randomly placed letters to viewers..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Psuda mascot   Psuda mascot - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 5:09 pm

Tom wrote:
link or pics?
I have no idea what you are talking about..

I tried finding a pic of it a wile back when I first saw this, I had no luck :( sorry.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Psuda mascot   Psuda mascot - Page 6 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Psuda mascot
Page 6 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next