Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Psuda mascot

Go down 
+10
Jones
0lelouch0
Bax3r
Jettzin
Malfunction
Duo
Isaac
Tom
Edyrem
Hitorio
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage

Psuda mascot - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Psuda mascot   Psuda mascot - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 11:11 am

Plus it apeals to newbs who want to learn :O
Back to top Go down
Jettzin

Jettzin

PostSubject: Re: Psuda mascot   Psuda mascot - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 11:12 am

YAY! Thanks malfunction for explainin it
AND You did it right too!
Edyrem: Don't look at this spoiler until you voted, reader!
Spoiler:
it could give a ying yang sort of feel maybe?
idk, but now um should we list the things we want to implent to him?
Environment?
Behaviour?
Occupation?
etc
or should we collaborate on that after initial designin in mind?
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: Psuda mascot   Psuda mascot - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 11:44 am

A ying yang feel... Draw how you mean it. I don't know how to implement a ying yang feel into this heart.

Also yeah, we can map out how he behaves, and some expressions and how his body conveys emotion and gestures, after figuring out his look.

Does anyone also have conflicting or slight-adjustment thoughts about the armor I put on our mascot?
Back to top Go down
Malfunction

Malfunction

PostSubject: Re: Psuda mascot   Psuda mascot - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 5:18 pm

Dude this lava lamp is totally like Rorschach's mask for showing emotions and stuff.
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Duo

Duo

PostSubject: Re: Psuda mascot   Psuda mascot - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 5:24 pm

Psuda mascot - Page 5 Captur10

Wat.
Back to top Go down
Jettzin

Jettzin

PostSubject: Re: Psuda mascot   Psuda mascot - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 6:03 pm

Malfunction wrote:
Dude this lava lamp is totally like Rorschach's mask for showing emotions and stuff.
Spoiler:
LOL
we dont have to let convey emotion
maybe brain or energy activity
when i thought of it i just thought it would be a nice touch to it :P
Back to top Go down
Tom
Staff
Tom

PostSubject: Re: Psuda mascot   Psuda mascot - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 01, 2011 12:02 pm

I agree with Jettzin, the heart shouldnt display his emotion, ofcourse it will be animated for emotional states.. or his willpower or stuff like that..

Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: Psuda mascot   Psuda mascot - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 01, 2011 4:27 pm

lol @ duo. Do you actually see ads when you're logged in? Pretty sure I turned it off.

@Malfunction, yeah that's exactly what I was thinking of :D I just couldn't recall the name of this guy.
Psuda mascot - Page 5 Rorschach

@Tom and Jettzin
It's not going to be the main vehicle for expressing his emotion. It's just a great thing to add to the picture. Maybe the heart expresses whether or not he's in an intense or calm mood - it doesn't really say anything else, but it says that.

The colors say a lot about the actual emotion, and the intensity of the colors also signals the intensity of emotion. His body language expresses a lot about his emotion. His ears express his confidence or fear, or tell us what he's focusing on. His eyes could be smiling, sad, angry, or shocked, and more.

It's really obvious here that we have several different ways to express the same things, so when they come together with their own subtle differences, it gives us a really wide range of emotions to give this fellow.

Psuda mascot - Page 5 503en0z67_untitled
Back to top Go down
Duo

Duo

PostSubject: Re: Psuda mascot   Psuda mascot - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 01, 2011 4:29 pm

Aw, our little monkey faced androgynous robot is cute
Back to top Go down
Tom
Staff
Tom

PostSubject: Re: Psuda mascot   Psuda mascot - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 4:43 am

Im really liking the use of colors for showing his emotional state!
and the ears on the helmet are looking good as well.

Only thing I am wondering is if his current proportions as shown in your latest drawings arent a little too mature. what is his age going to be?
Back to top Go down
Bax3r

Bax3r

PostSubject: Re: Psuda mascot   Psuda mascot - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 8:19 am

lol my favourite one was the sad one :P The ears really do make him cute :3 i kinda like him at that age .
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: Psuda mascot   Psuda mascot - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 12:15 pm

Oops, maybe you're right, Tom! I'd better keep his youngster shape intact.

By the way, new developments on the helmet:

Psuda mascot - Page 5 D358xsq5z_untitled

What are your feelings about the helmet?
We might go in this direction.

And for the body, there is a lot of room for creativity. I'm not set on anything so far, so your imagination would be a big aid for me just like it has from the beginning of this process.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Psuda mascot   Psuda mascot - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 12:43 pm

I really like how the mask fly's up thats fucking sexy, we can probubly do more with the body design though, but i feel like the helmet is done unless you arent happy with it
Back to top Go down
Duo

Duo

PostSubject: Re: Psuda mascot   Psuda mascot - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 12:56 pm

I think he's pretty much done as far as looks go. Time for personality traits?
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: Psuda mascot   Psuda mascot - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 1:28 pm

I'm not done with the helmet: we need to decide what happens with the actual heart screen when the helmet opens. Should it split into two and just spread open (LIKE A BUTTERFLY </vince>) or should it slip into the inside of the helmet's machinery like a Wii disk?

Psuda mascot - Page 5 Nintendo_wii_insert_disc_load_disc_error

And the body design is not done either... I don't want to settle with what we have at the moment :)

Personalty... I'd say childish, first and foremost. He can have a really wide variety of emotions since it's very generalizing character that is meant to fit in many roles; he could feel evil, funny, happy, sad, hopeful, etc. - the sky's the limit for his moods.

I guess, a really expressive child, in a nutshell. We can elaborate on this, if you wish.
Back to top Go down
Duo

Duo

PostSubject: Re: Psuda mascot   Psuda mascot - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 1:30 pm

What's slipping into this helmet, his head? If so, I think total recall style would be pretty sweet.
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: Psuda mascot   Psuda mascot - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 1:40 pm

What is total recall style?

And what do you mean by 'slipping into this helmet?' We established that it's a human boy wearing the helmet. Maybe it's also a cyborg boy - at least with his fingers.

Anyway, we'd probably be better off making the screen/mask scroll upwards into the helmet, like a car's window (only the glass in this case would be opening by moving up).
Back to top Go down
Duo

Duo

PostSubject: Re: Psuda mascot   Psuda mascot - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 2:03 pm

Oh, the glass. Yeah. Upwards.
Back to top Go down
Jettzin

Jettzin

PostSubject: Re: Psuda mascot   Psuda mascot - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 6:00 pm

Edyrem wrote:
Oops, maybe you're right, Tom! I'd better keep his youngster shape intact.

By the way, new developments on the helmet:

What are your feelings about the helmet?
We might go in this direction.

And for the body, there is a lot of room for creativity. I'm not set on anything so far, so your imagination would be a big aid for me just like it has from the beginning of this process.
another shape for his lava lampness then?
also i like how you drew the ears and made those lines on them change color as well
:)

Edyrem: Broke the unnecessary image. Also, I'm not sure what kind of shape to use for any lava lamp stuff to be applied at the moment. Now we need to figure out just what to do with the body, not what shape we'll make the lava lamp. We need to decide if the actual body should even have a lava lamp; we should decide which fundamental direction to take.
Back to top Go down
Tom
Staff
Tom

PostSubject: Re: Psuda mascot   Psuda mascot - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 6:20 am

The visor should slide upwards into the top part of the helmet, seems to look the best. also easiest to work with animation-wise.

currently, the character has no nose, do we want to make this a style-choice or is that going to change?

I'm not satisfied with the belt, it's too massive. you said the heart shape on the chest is no longer necessary as it's already incorporated in the helmet. but to me it seems like the heart shape is a nice touch to it, I'd rather have that than a big-as-fuck belt like the one shown. maybe hgave the heart as the little emblem on the belt and make the belt as a whole smaller?

Also I like the little reappearing things like the shoulder and knee pads. keep that!

The proportions seems to fit the character and the underlying idea nicely,I suggest raising the age of this character to around 12? that seems to be appropriate, looking at the idea for the character in combination with the looks.
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: Psuda mascot   Psuda mascot - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 3:55 pm

Naw, no need for a nose :P no need for a face, it's always hidden!

I agree with the belt stuff, and the heart belt buckle might actually be a really cool thing!

um... to be honest I keep drawing the character as much older than I'm trying to give off, because I get distracted by the bad-assery in the character's suit, hehe... thing is, though, the body needs to be more childish, and the head needs to remain big. I still want to give the tiny body a fighting chance so we can fit it in the banner and stuff!
Back to top Go down
Tom
Staff
Tom

PostSubject: Re: Psuda mascot   Psuda mascot - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 7:06 am

to stop drawing the character older than he is, simply start using the drawing by an amount of heads principle. like, a kid who is 3 or 4 heads tall, for example.
first define the right amount of heads for the right proportions and draw from there.

by the way, no need for the face because it's hidden? what if the visor slides up?
then the face is visible?
I agree with not having a nose, the character looks nice from the side, like this.
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: Psuda mascot   Psuda mascot - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 7:13 am

Good concept, Tom. I'm going to sleep right now but perhaps I'll give your measurement technique a try when I log on.

Speaking from a brainstorm perspective, I currently do not want to see the face at all. That sense of a lack of identity lets the people fill in the blanks with their imagination. I mean, sure the visor mask will slide up, but does that mean we should actually show it happening from a direct angle :P ?

I'm personally charmed by the idea of the mysterious face. But if you were to draw his face, what would he look like to you?

Also, I'd rather keep the nose, albeit a tiny little one.
Back to top Go down
Duo

Duo

PostSubject: Re: Psuda mascot   Psuda mascot - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 6:02 pm

Any INNOVATION on our char lately?
Back to top Go down
Edyrem

Edyrem

PostSubject: Re: Psuda mascot   Psuda mascot - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 3:02 am

Why, yes. Here's a drawing I made on iscribble of a really midgetty concept.

Psuda mascot - Page 5 8i29ca8zu_untitled
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Psuda mascot   Psuda mascot - Page 5 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Psuda mascot
Page 5 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next